Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question: ATL F Concourse Taxi Into City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I've searched FT and the ATL Airport site and cannot find it...

Are there taxis available at the International Terminal exit, or do you need to ride the shuttle to the Domestic side to catch a cab? I just realized I've always either left my car or arranged for a friend/relative to pick me up. This will be my first time using a taxi. If taking the shuttle is necessary, I'll probably just arrange for a limo, but I'd need to do that within the next couple hours. So just to be sure, limos can pick you up from the International Terminal, right? I swear I've seen people holding signs, but can't remember ever seeing a taxi line.

Thanks in advance for the info.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Take uber!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zsmith2
Take uber!
I thought Uber cannot pick up at the airport, but can only take you to the airport. Don't you have to meet an Uber driver offsite?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Not in my experience unless something has changed. I've seen it at other airports like that before.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Live on the wild side... take marta.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm booking a car right now.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Rant Alert: MARTA on a weekend turns a 12 minute drive into an hour plus trip. Between waiting for the train to leave ATL, waiting for the transfer from Red/Orange to Blue, hoping to find a cab at the station and the ride from there to my house.

Someday, Atlanta might actually get public transportation. Until then, anyone with options will choose something other than MARTA, with the exception of those very few who are going from the airport to a destination directly on the Red or Orange Lines. Public transportation is my choice in NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Montreal, Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, Bangkok, Hong Kong and several other cities. If only our city/state leaders would visit one of those places and see how public transportation is supposed to work we might have a chance. Instead, we get the absolute, complete, unqualified failure the is MARTA, coupled with the new streetcar to nowhere. (It's as though city leaders thought The Simpson's monorail episode was a cast study to be followed.)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: Delta DM FC Two-MM CRC
Take the Internal train

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I've searched FT and the ATL Airport site and cannot find it...

Are there taxis available at the International Terminal exit, or do you need to ride the shuttle to the Domestic side to catch a cab? I just realized I've always either left my car or arranged for a friend/relative to pick me up. This will be my first time using a taxi. If taking the shuttle is necessary, I'll probably just arrange for a limo, but I'd need to do that within the next couple hours. So just to be sure, limos can pick you up from the International Terminal, right? I swear I've seen people holding signs, but can't remember ever seeing a taxi line.

Thanks in advance for the info.
At F - there is no commercial transport. After baggage claim - take the "connecting flight" option and take the train to the main terminal where you will find taxis and shuttles. If you depart customs into terminal F - you will have a 35 minute wait/shuttle back to the main terminal -or-----6 minutes by train.

Last edited by Flyer from Orlando; Mar 27, 2015 at 6:00 am Reason: more info
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Flyer from Orlando
At F - there is no commercial transport. After baggage claim - take the "connecting flight" option and take the train to the main terminal where you will find taxis and shuttles. If you depart customs into terminal F - you will have a 35 minute wait/shuttle back to the main terminal -or-----6 minutes by train.
Except you cannot do this after collecting checked bags as you need to reclear TSA security.

Uber can and will pick up at the ATL airport. Your driver may call you and ask you to go to a specific door/area, but that is more for convenience of finding you/traffic congestion than anything. You may have to use Uber Black for this as they are actual licensed livery cars with airport permits (I don't use UberX in any case, so I'm not sure if they are possible either way).
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by gooselee
Except you cannot do this after collecting checked bags as you need to reclear TSA security.

Uber can and will pick up at the ATL airport. Your driver may call you and ask you to go to a specific door/area, but that is more for convenience of finding you/traffic congestion than anything. You may have to use Uber Black for this as they are actual licensed livery cars with airport permits (I don't use UberX in any case, so I'm not sure if they are possible either way).
You can indeed request a pick-up from Uber X at the int'l terminal. The driver may request that you discreetly get into their car without mention of Uber as there is some legal limbo about Uber airport pickups right now.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Flyer from Orlando
We took a cab home from the F terminal about a year & a half ago. Perhaps something has changed since then.

This Atlanta Airport map shows a ground transportation exit:
http://atlanta-airport.com/docs/terminal/f.pdf
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: DL PM

Rant Alert: MARTA on a weekend turns a 12 minute drive into an hour plus trip. Between waiting for the train to leave ATL, waiting for the transfer from Red/Orange to Blue, hoping to find a cab at the station and the ride from there to my house.

Someday, Atlanta might actually get public transportation. Until then, anyone with options will choose something other than MARTA, with the exception of those very few who are going from the airport to a destination directly on the Red or Orange Lines. Public transportation is my choice in NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Montreal, Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, Bangkok, Hong Kong and several other cities. If only our city/state leaders would visit one of those places and see how public transportation is supposed to work we might have a chance. Instead, we get the absolute, complete, unqualified failure the is MARTA, coupled with the new streetcar to nowhere. (It's as though city leaders thought The Simpson's monorail episode was a cast study to be followed.)
If you want to see an utter failure of public transportation, visit Detroit. MARTA is a shining jewel compared to what Detroit offers.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
We took a cab home from the F terminal about a year & a half ago. Perhaps something has changed since then.

This Atlanta Airport map shows a ground transportation exit:
http://atlanta-airport.com/docs/terminal/f.pdf
There were a handful of cabs at F when I last arrived there at 530a during the South America arrivals bank.

I land at 730a on Wednesday into F and will be hoping there is a cab there to take me to the office. (Otherwise, I guess I can just use Uber).
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Lyft is another option along the lines of Uber. I know Uber X is geo-locked at the Domestic terminal, but Lyft is not. I've also found Lyft to generally be a bit cheaper, especially Lyft Plus compared to Uber XL.

Taking the SkyTrain to the Marriott Gateway is another easy way around the geo-lock of Uber X. I can't speak to the specifics of the International Terminal.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Thanks for the perspective/info.

I guess that I am lucky that my only use of Marta has been from the airport to hotels in the Peach Tree Center area.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Except that Marta does not make it to the international terminal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.