Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta One: The Definitive Thread for Delta's International Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Delta ONE

Well, it seems that Delta have been active at the print houses over the past few weeks.

While I can't stand the name, Delta have made a conscious effort to launch the Delta ONE brand.

Nice new menus in ONE today, although the seats on my 777 are of course still BE. I actually think the wine list has grown since my BE flights last week.

This was already up last week in MSP:

Last edited by landeej; Mar 2, 2015 at 6:28 pm Reason: Downsizing pictures
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The wine list has grown or has grown up? In the past, DL BE menus would list a handful of wines but only have a few of them actually available on the flight, with the better ones on the list tending to appear only on the premium routes.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The wine list has grown or has grown up? In the past, DL BE menus would list a handful of wines but only have a few of them actually available on the flight, with the better ones on the list tending to appear only on the premium routes.
If we ever get de-iced, I'll have 14 hours from JFK to NRT to work my way through the wine list and report back. We're an hour late already on the ground (MX leading to WX delay), and I haven't moved on past the mimosas.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Might want to put the pictures inside quotes so they can be resized...

Anyway, I also got the menu yesterday as well. Functionally, of course there is no difference with the previous version.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Delta Air Lines rebranded BusinessElite to Delta One beginning March 2015. This thread is the definitive Delta One thread for product and service offerings; advice from other flyers; and informative discussions.

Delta Air Lines' overview of the new Delta One offering is below (source: delta.com, March 1, 2015):

LUXURY FOR THE LONG HAUL
The newest and one of the most exclusive cabins in the sky, Delta One offers personalized service and meticulously thought-through details that truly make a difference in how you spend your time in the air.

Expect fine dining, 180-degree flat-bed seats and premium entertainment, plus Sky Priority® service, which includes expedited security, Premium Boarding and baggage handling. You’ll also enjoy complimentary access to Delta Sky Clubs® and our network of SkyTeam® lounges around the world.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Has anything changed with the product/service or is this simply a rebranded name for international business class?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Any other "Delta One" experience today?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure why all of the excitement... its all marketing/branding. They just changed the name.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by rylan
Not sure why all of the excitement... its all marketing/branding. They just changed the name.
Would be my assumption too but I'm flying SEA-AMS Friday and will keep an eye out for anything different.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
DELTA ONE

OK - I took my first DELTA ONE trip today - MAN-ATL. New Menus - black covers not red. The pre-arrival snack was lobster rolls- wonderful. As I pointed out on another thread -at MAN the GA said Delta One and Diamond Medallions are welcome to board.

Not bad, not bad at all.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:05 pm

Flew Delta One this morning SJU->JFK. Typical domestic f service (as was the Business class i flew down on 2/25).

What I thought was interesting was how the rebranding of first/biz class totally botched the boarding process. After pre-boards the GA announced boarding for "Delta One" and it seemed like many people thought that meant "zone 1" since a few dozen extra passengers tried to board....that of course lead to a breakdown of the zone system and the entire plane trying to crowd the gate.

I was in the back and after the third Ypax tried to board he got back on the PA and re-stated that it was first class only and asked that everyone in Y please take a seat. Nobody really sat down but enough people moved to the side to allow F to board.

I can see this being a big issue, especially on flights to/from non-English speaking destinations.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by injera
Flew Delta One this morning SJU->JFK. Typical domestic f service (as was the Business class i flew down on 2/25).

What I thought was interesting was how the rebranding of first/biz class totally botched the boarding process. After pre-boards the GA announced boarding for "Delta One" and it seemed like many people thought that meant "zone 1" since a few dozen extra passengers tried to board....that of course lead to a breakdown of the zone system and the entire plane trying to crowd the gate.

I was in the back and after the third Ypax tried to board he got back on the PA and re-stated that it was first class only and asked that everyone in Y please take a seat. Nobody really sat down but enough people moved to the side to allow F to board.

I can see this being a big issue, especially on flights to/from non-English speaking destinations.
Very true. DL does have a terrible boarding system.

Make it easy: Preboards, Zone 1 (First/Bus Class), Zone 2 (Medallions & C+), Z3-5 Kettles.

The way it is today it's no wonder the gate lice problem is so bad. It's extremely confusing (to a non FFer). Objectively, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that Z1 boards first...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Might want to put the pictures inside quotes so they can be resized...

Anyway, I also got the menu yesterday as well. Functionally, of course there is no difference with the previous version.
Thank you. Wasn't really sure how I could get the pics down. Let's try with this next post.

Seems that the techs were busy in Tokyo. NRT-BKK yesterday already had the new seat covers on an A330. Unfortunately, this flight's service could best be described as RyanAir-level (since when is shaking a passenger awake and then banging a tray down in front of them as you bark "dinner" acceptable)?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by injera

So they are calling the short haul international flights Delta ONE as well?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Very true. DL does have a terrible boarding system.

Make it easy: Preboards, Zone 1 (First/Bus Class), Zone 2 (Medallions & C+), Z3-5 Kettles.

The way it is today it's no wonder the gate lice problem is so bad. It's extremely confusing (to a non FFer). Objectively, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that Z1 boards first...
And exactly how do they then hawk the AMEX card benefits?

Zone 3 boarding on all DL flights.
----

Does not really sound that exciting.

They need something "clean" (such as your 1-5) but w/o pointing out how far back you actually are.

Perhaps color codes or such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.