FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta One: The Definitive Thread for Delta's International Business Class
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:16 pm
HDQDD

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by injera
Flew Delta One this morning SJU->JFK. Typical domestic f service (as was the Business class i flew down on 2/25).

What I thought was interesting was how the rebranding of first/biz class totally botched the boarding process. After pre-boards the GA announced boarding for "Delta One" and it seemed like many people thought that meant "zone 1" since a few dozen extra passengers tried to board....that of course lead to a breakdown of the zone system and the entire plane trying to crowd the gate.

I was in the back and after the third Ypax tried to board he got back on the PA and re-stated that it was first class only and asked that everyone in Y please take a seat. Nobody really sat down but enough people moved to the side to allow F to board.

I can see this being a big issue, especially on flights to/from non-English speaking destinations.
Very true. DL does have a terrible boarding system.

Make it easy: Preboards, Zone 1 (First/Bus Class), Zone 2 (Medallions & C+), Z3-5 Kettles.

The way it is today it's no wonder the gate lice problem is so bad. It's extremely confusing (to a non FFer). Objectively, I think it's quite reasonable to assume that Z1 boards first...