Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta One: The Definitive Thread for Delta's International Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
Speaking of amenity kits - still the same ol' Tumis?
Yes mine was on DL65 Monday.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I remember someone in another thread was saying that DL is in talks with a brand to change out the amenity kits or something like that sometime later this year. Apparently, it will be even more upscale. Maybe that person can chime in again.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Based on that small print by goodandclassy's thumb, looks like it is definitely the same wine list for ATL-FCO and JFK-FCO.

Seat covers: I actually kind of like the look of the new D1 seat covers based on that NRT-based A330 someone posted a while back. Much better than the new F covers I saw on an MD last week, and I think more interesting than the plain blue ones that were there before.

That said, how much does it cost to update seat covers on an entire widebody fleet? If I had to choose between new seat covers and better wine/food/amenity kits/whatever...seat covers would be on the lower part of that list.

I agree on both your seat cover points. That was my flight & pic, and the seat covers did look nice in the cabin. I just scratch my head at the investment needed to cover the entire fleet that could be made on other aspects of the hard product. For example - the food was utterly atrocious on that NRT-BKK flight.

The amenity kit was still the Tumi one, with the exceedingly useful microfiber eyeglass cloth.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by landeej
I agree on both your seat cover points. That was my flight & pic, and the seat covers did look nice in the cabin. I just scratch my head at the investment needed to cover the entire fleet that could be made on other aspects of the hard product. For example - the food was utterly atrocious on that NRT-BKK flight.

The amenity kit was still the Tumi one, with the exceedingly useful microfiber eyeglass cloth.
I hear ya, the food is my main complaint with BE. Any reports on improvements with DL 1? Or I guess I will wait till Sunday and find out for myself.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wouldn't this be Jeff Robertson's first major initiative in his new job? I assume that this wasn't planned before he changed positions at DL.
Lots of splash, little substantive improvement? Seems familiar.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I hear ya, the food is my main complaint with BE. Any reports on improvements with DL 1? Or I guess I will wait till Sunday and find out for myself.
Japanese meal on the JFK-NRT leg was good as always. NRT-BKK I put in my order before takeoff, fell asleep, and after I woke was told that option was no longer available (traveling companion who was shaken awake by purser and had a tray thrown in front of him told me that he saw my meal choice being eaten by the FAs). I ended up getting a seafood risotto with congealed parmesan, which I tried one bite of and sent back as the mussels tasted old and gone over.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Flew MSP-AMS and AMS-BOM and no GreyGoose or Jack single barrel they did have lobster sliders though as the pre-arrival meal in BOM and they were really good
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:13 am

NRT-MNL

No amenity kit. No new seat covers. Boarding was the new PREM/DM first.

I did find the food to be good though (chicken adobo actually).
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Flew SEA-AMS friday, on a 333. New seat covers in place. First thing I noticed/missed: the little bag of almonds and cranberries (the yellow bag, forgot the name). Thought we might get warm nuts instead, but none of that.

Plane came in late, and cleaning was done very poorly: one guy a couple of seats in front of me pulled about 8 wrappers and 2 empty water bottles from his seating area.

Purser did rounds distributing the menus and made the effort to take orders from the Diamonds first to ensure choice availability. Nice.

Meal service nothing special/different. Steak was cooked properly, pink middle.

Midflight snack basket in galley did not notice anything new in there.

Arrival meal was ok, except for the sausages.

Still Tumi kit, Mrs B&J will be happy about that.

All in all little difference to the BE product, as someone said it's mostly marketing and labelling. As long as I can lay flat and eat a decent meal, I do not really care what they call it.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Delta ONE vs BE

I thought there was some discussion of this already, but I couldn't find it (and "Delta ONE" doesn't really lend itself as a search term)...

Just completed a trip to and from NRT, outbound in BE and the return in D1. As far as I can tell, here are the complete set of differences:
  1. The jet bridge at NRT said "DELTA ONE" and "MAIN CABIN" (or something like that). This, of course, caused some confusion as nobody knows what "DELTA ONE" is (is that Sky Priority? can I use that if I'm seated in Zone 1?) although everybody knew what "business" was.
  2. Menus are now black.

I guess the seat covers will change at some point, but this feels like marketing spin and nothing else. Further, if I'd bought a D1 ticket thinking "ONE" = IFC, I'd have been sorely disappointed.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
I wonder if it'll backfire when expense reports get audited and "Delta One" sounds too much like first class rather than business class.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Yeap - here's the main thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ess-class.html

General consensus so far is that it's a lot of dollars spent on marketing which should have gone towards hard product.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I wonder if it'll backfire when expense reports get audited and "Delta One" sounds too much like first class rather than business class.
This has been my concern since I first heard of D1, but others have shouted me down that the CO/UA BusinessFirst hasn't caused problems for them.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Ah, thanks for that. A merge may be in order.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Yeap - here's the main thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ess-class.html

General consensus so far is that it's a lot of dollars spent on marketing which should have gone towards hard product.
Porcine lipstick?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.