Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta One: The Definitive Thread for Delta's International Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One: The Definitive Thread for Delta's International Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Flew ATL-GIG on a 764 on 3/14. Sat in 7C. Couldn't tell any functional difference between D1 and BE (other than the black menu cover). But still all in all a very nice comfortable ride.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
AMS-SEA today (333, reg. N811NW)

Boarding: they got the memo about boarding DM's with D1 here too.
Seatcovers in place.
My Almonds are back :-)
D1 menu. Ordered lamb, lets see if its good.
Will ask the vodka brand later.

Update: forgot about the vodka. Lamb was good though.

Last edited by Ben and Jerry; Mar 17, 2015 at 5:22 pm Reason: post-arrival update
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I also really like the A330. The -200 has two cabins (mini cabin behind larger cabin); first row of mini cabin has some nice extra storage place (in front/top) for use in flight. My only (additional) comment, is that I find the DeltaOne seats to be a "bit" hard. If you can get an extra comforter to put down like a mattress pad, it's much better (but, I know this does not happen often, as you need a pretty empty flight).

My favorite (solo) seat is 2J. I find it very quiet; since there is no active galley in front. Be aware, service is back to front; so row 2 does get served last. Might be an issue for an eastbound transatlantic flight that is from the east coast (and short).
No problem with the closet in front of 2J? I read that the FAs use it quite a lot? How about the first row of mini cabin, not too noisy from galley?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:24 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by vgb2001
No problem with the closet in front of 2J? I read that the FAs use it quite a lot? How about the first row of mini cabin, not too noisy from galley?
I hardly even recall there is a cabinet in front of 2J. (also, 2A would be equivalent, I just always seem to wind up on the "J" side) I only sat in the first row of the mini-cabin twice; and it wasn't too much of an issue. I think this has a lot to do with the cabin crew. If you can "deal" with being served last, I do feel that row 2 is definitely safer if you desire quiet.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:52 am

In a twitter chat I asked about the year long menu missing from the website, and the agent said it was so they could change the food more frequently. Time will tell if this holds water, or if we should take that with the shaker of salt.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by landeej
NRT-BKK I put in my order before takeoff, fell asleep, and after I woke was told that option was no longer available (traveling companion who was shaken awake by purser and had a tray thrown in front of him told me that he saw my meal choice being eaten by the FAs).
Wow. Flashback to my days flying TPAC in World Business Class on NW. I thought most of those FAs would have filtered through the system by now.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
If I fly the A332 I like the last row in the second cabin. You'll never have ANY traffic other than the middle near you - super quiet.

As for getting served - why does it matter if you get served first vs last so long as you get your meal choice?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:46 am
Used to be hamajicky

The wife and I are flying ATL-CDG-ATL in D1 in May. Although DL keeps changing the metal around (was a 763 out, then a 772 in; right now we're on a 764 out and a 333 in), what are the best seats for a couple traveling together on the 764 and 333?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Chalky White
The wife and I are flying ATL-CDG-ATL in D1 in May. Although DL keeps changing the metal around (was a 763 out, then a 772 in; right now we're on a 764 out and a 333 in), what are the best seats for a couple traveling together on the 764 and 333?
For a couple travelling together on those birds, the middle seats are the way to go.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:03 am
Used to be hamajicky

Thanks. Right now we're in row 1 on both flights, but I've read conflicting reviews (light bleed from the galley, bathroom noise), but some people seem to like it (more likely to get your food choice, additional footspace?).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:56 pm
mdb

NRT-DTW Tuesday - all rebranded seats menus et al. Food and service all seemed the same to me.

Saw no difference.

Love the upper deck on the 747s.... Will miss them. I will NOT miss the bathrooms though - small, cramped, old and not always fully operational.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Thanks. Right now we're in row 1 on both flights, but I've read conflicting reviews (light bleed from the galley, bathroom noise), but some people seem to like it (more likely to get your food choice, additional footspace?).
Row 1 middle seats, with the galley light I'd move back.

If FEBO is being properly implemented, that will determine whether you get your food choice.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Flew SEA-LHR on Thursday night:

Settling In
Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Corn Salsa
Starters
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Farmers Market Vegetable Soup
The Main Event
Seared Beef Tenderloin with loaded mashed potatoes and baby mixed vegetables
Chicken Cacciatore with broccolini and parmesan polenta
Three Cheese Manicotti with spinach and pomodorina sauce
Chilled Plate with cold fried chicken and potato salad served with chipotle mayonnaise
Sweet Delights
Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae with your choice of sauces, whipped cream, and chopped nuts
A tasting of sweet treats
Selection of Fine Cheeses offered with fresh fruit
In Between
Skybreak Basket
Almost There - served with Seasonal Fresh Fruit
Tomato Basil Frittata with chicken apple sausage and sauteed mushrooms
Raisin Almond Granola Cereal with milk and yogurt

Wines - Whites
Château Guiraud Bordeaux, France 2013
Beni Di Batasiolo Langhe Charonnay Serbato Italy 2013
Wines - Reds
Decoy Pinot Noir Somona County, California 2012
Château Cantemerle Bordeaux, France 2011
Desert Wine and Port
Banfi Rosa Regale Piedmont, Italy 2013
Quinta De La Rosa Tawny Porto Portugal NV
Champagne
Champagne Jacquart Brut Mosaïque Reims, France NV

Pre-flight, they had a bunch of bins next to the gate full of candy bars and the like, inviting each passenger to grab a piece of candy as they boarded. Hadn't seen that before. Good opportunity to grab peanut butter M&Ms which are hard to come by here.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
If FEBO...
Is FEBO based on date or flight number?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick
Is FEBO based on date or flight number?
I don't think they do FEBO anymore (if they ever officially did) on JFK flights, because the odd/even flight number strategy is a thing of the past.

Used to be that odd numbered flights were outbound and even flights inbound, but everything is now totally different.

Now, all outbound T4 flights start with a 4 and T2 flights with a 2.. as a result flights are either even or odd (DL400 to CDG, DL401, 402, 403 to LHR, etc)

On a LHR roundtrip this week, I flew DL402 out and DL3 back; they took orders from the front on both flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.