Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive B/E on JFK-LAX route did not have lie flat seats as advertised thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive B/E on JFK-LAX route did not have lie flat seats as advertised thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
We've all stated our cases now lets just wait and see how Delta handles this particular situation. I'm sure their response will spur a whole new debate
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott GE
I noticed that DL1262 on 3/5 (LAX-JFK) and DL 423 on 3/6 (JFK-LAX) were operated by N752AT, a 75V. Talk about a downgrade in service from the 75S that they were supposed to be operated by.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Lie flat to Cradle

I have given miles or paid for BE from LAX-JFK on a few routes in the last few months and the set map always shows lie flat until a few hours until the flight and then changes to cradle seats. I hate this. How is it that every flight I chose, this happens to and the flights I chose not to fly BE on are always lie flat???

This is merely a rant, but how has this happened like 8/8 times?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
To reduce the chances of equipment substitution in the future, I would recommend choosing flights on the 763 instead of the 752.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DLFlyer16
This is merely a rant, but how has this happened like 8/8 times?
There are 18 757s due for lie flats. An a.net thread discusses ten are converted and three are in the shop getting converted. Eight of eight with recliners at current fleet status would be uniquely bad luck.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There are 18 757s due for lie flats. An a.net thread discusses ten are converted and three are in the shop getting converted. Eight of eight with recliners at current fleet status would be uniquely bad luck.
Uniquely bad luck is what I say. I was reading another forum where people got compensated for this. DL actually advertises lie-flat on all LAX-JFK flights. Any chance of this?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:15 am

BizElite Sham: LAX-JFK in Standard Domestic F

I just got in flight on LAX-JFK and took my seat in "BE" to see that not only is it not a lie flat seat, but it is actually just a standard domestic F seat. My ticket costed around $1500 for this one segment and this is a drastically different product than what was advertised. I think myself as well as other paying customers deserve a refund for this. I paid for BE and lie flat seats, neither of which I got. I have had the experience of old BE cabins in the past which I can forgive as DL retrofits the rest of the 757 BE cabins but this is a totally different plane than advertised with standard domestic 38 in pitch. This is a redeye from LAX-JFK and I paid for F so I could sleep before having to go to work upon arrival.

How should I proceed with getting a refund?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
You'll get a voucher and/or miles but highly doubt a refund of any sorts. Just visit delta.com and click comment/complaint in the upper right hand corner.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by zsmith2
You'll get a voucher and/or miles but highly doubt a refund of any sorts. Just visit delta.com and click comment/complaint in the upper right hand corner.
That's fine, as long as I get something. I don't want DL to feel as though it's completely OK to cheat their paying customers out of a service they generated DL revenue for without compensating in any way.

Is there a more reasonable way to get through to DL other than their website? I usually feel like sending a complaint through there is the same sending it to space. Perhaps a call to the medallion line, complaint in person at the SC, or a call to Dick Anderson?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
That's fine, as long as I get something. I don't want DL to feel as though it's completely OK to cheat their paying customers out of a service they generated DL revenue for without compensating in any way.

Is there a more reasonable way to get through to DL other than their website? I usually feel like sending a complaint through there is the same sending it to space. Perhaps a call to the medallion line, complaint in person at the SC, or a call to Dick Anderson?
You can always tweet to delta assist which might be the quickest way to get what you want. Customer care will be able to do the most for you then reservations or airport personnel.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
The web form gets through. That is much better than calling. It will immediately get routed to the proper channel. I wrote their once on a major issue and received a call from a manager within 2 hours. Trust me, it's not sending it to space.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:43 am

Alright, I'll give it a shot. I write this from my "BE" seat while the seat back of the guy in front of me keeps hitting my laptop screen.

Am I just the only one that actually values what I spend my money on or am I the only one in here that actually is generating revenue for DL on this flight?

I just effectively got cheated out of about $1100 by DL
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: DL DM
I just got in flight on LAX-JFK and took my seat in "BE" to see that not only is it not a lie flat seat, but it is actually just a standard domestic F seat. My ticket costed around $1500 for this one segment and this is a drastically different product than what was advertised. I think myself as well as other paying customers deserve a refund for this. I paid for BE and lie flat seats, neither of which I got. I have had the experience of old BE cabins in the past which I can forgive as DL retrofits the rest of the 757 BE cabins but this is a totally different plane than advertised with standard domestic 38 in pitch. This is a redeye from LAX-JFK and I paid for F so I could sleep before having to go to work upon arrival.

How should I proceed with getting a refund?
How many threads are you going to start on this one subject??
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:57 am

Would you prefer that Delta cancel your flight because a plane had mechanical issues? Another thing to keep in mind is that as your flight was a 75S they could not swap it to a 767 at the last minute because the greater seating capacity requires an extra FA and they may not have been able to call in someone to work the JFK-LAX flight and then someone else to work the return without causing delays that may have timed out other crews
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Surely, you realize that this aircraft swap wasn't something DL wanted to do. They make these decisions frequently and have to weigh the decision between delaying the flight for the correct aircraft, or substitute what you got. Do they owe you something? Absolutely! But your use of the word SHAM implies something more devious is behind this. I'm certain that DL doesn't want to alienate the type of people who spend that kind of money on their flagship domestic route, not to mention risk the bad publicity.

From dictionary.reference.com:

SHAM:

something.that.is.not.what.it.purports.to.be;.a.sp urious.imitation;.fraud.or.hoax.

edited to add. . . .

I think your numbers are a little off. Doing a quick search for a one-way regular F fare from LAX/JFK, the cheapest I find is $877.60, and that's with a connection in ATL. Your numbers seem to indicate that it's around $400.

I just effectively got cheated out of about $1100 by DL

Last edited by davetravels; Mar 8, 2015 at 7:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.