Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any luck swapping JFK/LGA with same-day-confirmed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any luck swapping JFK/LGA with same-day-confirmed?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Currently have MSP-JFK for Friday, a paid A fare (First Class discounted). I'm a Gold Medallion, not Diamond.... my flight is 19:45.
Next earlier JFK flight is 14:51 (about 5 hours earlier) and after that there are 2 LGA and 2 EWR flights.
I'm a little hazy on SDC rules-- this would be more than 3 hours beore the flight, AND it's a paid F ticket, AND I'm hoping for a co terminal change.
Any hope of this working out?
Thanks!
Old May 24, 2017, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Currently have MSP-JFK for Friday, a paid A fare (First Class discounted). I'm a Gold Medallion, not Diamond.... my flight is 19:45.
Next earlier JFK flight is 14:51 (about 5 hours earlier) and after that there are 2 LGA and 2 EWR flights.
I'm a little hazy on SDC rules-- this would be more than 3 hours beore the flight, AND it's a paid F ticket, AND I'm hoping for a co terminal change.
Any hope of this working out?
Thanks!
AFAIK they will only do co-terminal changes for diamonds. Gold is probably SOL.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as PM, I'm something like 5 for 8 on attempting co-terminal SDCs over the past couple years -- but the successes have been at the connecting airport (DTW and JFK) when requesting to change the destination from BWI to DCA/IAD; no joy when calling in to attempt to change the origin, however
Old May 24, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If your profile is correct and you are still a diamond yes. Co-terminaling is a DM benefit and one of the main reasons I try to remain diamond. If you are ticketed from or into JFK you can coterminal into LGA or EWR (providing your fare class is available or you're on a first class ticket). I've done it quite a few times with no issues.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by marcworld
Gold is probably SOL.
I've gotten some waivers and favors on this one as a gold. Rez line is usually a no, but airport staff is usually a yes. Both have worked in the past.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The NYC WX waiver doesn't currently cover Friday, but its existence may increase the odds of success anyway.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I've been able to same day confirm change from JFK to LGA as Platinum Medallion on Delta.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:24 pm

I've managed to SDC to change departure from JFK to LGA twice, and I have no status at all on Delta, so worth a shot even for a Gold.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller
Call the DM line. I have been able to change JFK to LGA as departing airport even onto the WS operated LGA YYZ DL coded flights.
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
double wow ^:-:
Triple wow!!! This is news. I remember I read or heard somewhere that it has to be SDC into DL metal even for DM.

Originally Posted by ekozie
I've gotten some waivers and favors on this one as a gold. Rez line is usually a no, but airport staff is usually a yes. Both have worked in the past.
Originally Posted by McMichaelNY
I've been able to same day confirm change from JFK to LGA as Platinum Medallion on Delta.
I've heard several stories of JFK/LGA swap (and oddly always from JFK to LGA) if you show up at the airport but never on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.