Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN's New Marketing Push in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How about 'We spent 3 1/2 years euthanizing the airline with business class and seat asignments, cutting frequencies and destinations from Atlanta. Come enjoy the LUV!'
It's not that bad, especially when one considers apples-to-apples , coach versus coach in which LUV has a superior product.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hazelrah
It's not that bad, especially when one considers apples-to-apples , coach versus coach in which LUV has a superior product.
Well, it is only apples-to-apples if you pretend that AirTran didn't offer business class.

I would also note that, if DL were to take down MSP traffic 26% in just over three years, in a growing market, yet then proceeded to put out ads claiming to be MSP residents' best buddy, this board would be screaming bloody murder.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Competition is a good thing!
Not for you DL shareholders. A fortress hub with limited competition is far preferable.

David
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Well, it is only apples-to-apples if you pretend that AirTran didn't offer business class.

I would also note that, if DL were to take down MSP traffic 26% in just over three years, in a growing market, yet then proceeded to put out ads claiming to be MSP residents' best buddy, this board would be screaming bloody murder.
Hey, I'm on board with you with respect to AirTran business-class. I used to purchase and enjoy AirTran business class, and I miss it. That said a lot of AirTran business wasn't purchased, it was a freebie. Southwest presumably weighed its options and it did not conform to its business model.

Airline consolidation has resulted in a lot of disruption, that's true. MEM, CVG, MKE. Why Northwest gave the kiss-of-death to Midwest airlines, and MKE and Northern Wisconsin lost its airline and hub AND it lost Frontier. It has been traumatic - hopefully the market over time will correct some of these service losses, but there is no guarantee.

I blame airline consolidation for most of these disruptions. What are you going to do? If one airline merges, they all have to to compete.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Hey, I'm on board with you with respect to AirTran business-class. I used to purchase and enjoy AirTran business class, and I miss it. That said a lot of AirTran business wasn't purchased, it was a freebie. Southwest presumably weighed its options and it did not conform to its business model.

Airline consolidation has resulted in a lot of disruption, that's true. MEM, CVG, MKE. Why Northwest gave the kiss-of-death to Midwest airlines, and MKE and Northern Wisconsin lost its airline and hub AND it lost Frontier. It has been traumatic - hopefully the market over time will correct some of these service losses, but there is no guarantee.

I blame airline consolidation for most of these disruptions. What are you going to do? If one airline merges, they all have to to compete.
They have to compete and I don't particularly care about WN's pull out from ATL. I was just pointing out the difference in treatment of WN from some vocal folks on this board.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
They have to compete and I don't particularly care about WN's pull out from ATL. I was just pointing out the difference in treatment of WN from some vocal folks on this board.
Of course they have to compete as do all the carriers. Complaining about service cut-backs as a result of consolidation is now just barking at the moon.

Luvin' those ATL WN fare sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.