Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unsolicited Bonus Miles email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:14 pm

Location: Based in DCA, but spending much time in Chile, Arizona, northern England, and airports
Programs: DL PM; Delta Amex Reserve
I just got off the phone with them. The IT person I was directed to said they were getting a lot of calls (and why not?). Her only suggestion was to wait a day and try again.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Unsolicited Bonus Miles email

I just got one... For 0 miles. I guess at least mine is correct?

Perhaps the silver lining needs a silver lining.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
+1 received in about an hour ago, supposed to be for 5,000 miles. Clicked the link, and as others have said...not eligible.

Must be a 2.5 months early April Fool's joke.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Delta says they owe me one

I got this obnoxious email today:

Our Apologies — We Owe You One

WE'RE SORRY FOR YOUR RECENT INCONVENIENCE.

We notice your latest flights with us haven't been the smoothest. Rough weather, mechanical issues, bad luck — regardless of the cause, you can't get back the time lost.

But we would like to proactively offer our sincerest apologies and our strong commitment to deliver the best on-time record in the industry.

Rain or shine, we are up to the challenge and hope you'll give us another chance.

Check my Skymiles account, no miles, check my wallet nothing there. I guess I have to wait in anticipation.

Still waiting for my ORC on the cancelled flight on the 8th too
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Same here, 5k miles. Figured it was for a trip I took around Thanksgiving where MX caused a delay of almost 18 hours. Wrote an e-mail to customer service complaining about that flight now, so hopefully i get miles either way.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
It didn't say how many miles and have a button to press? I received this email for 2000 miles... of course it didn't work...

Someone in the compensation thread got 5000 miles, but also didn't work...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I got this obnoxious email today:

Our Apologies — We Owe You One

WE'RE SORRY FOR YOUR RECENT INCONVENIENCE.

We notice your latest flights with us haven't been the smoothest. Rough weather, mechanical issues, bad luck — regardless of the cause, you can't get back the time lost.

But we would like to proactively offer our sincerest apologies and our strong commitment to deliver the best on-time record in the industry.

Rain or shine, we are up to the challenge and hope you'll give us another chance.

Check my Skymiles account, no miles, check my wallet nothing there. I guess I have to wait in anticipation.

Still waiting for my ORC on the cancelled flight on the 8th too
I got the same email too. There was no mention of miles or anything -- there also wasn't a link.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Just got the same email.

Clicked all of the buttons and each took me to some Delta blog.

I figured that they were saying they owed me an apology. Should I really expect some sort of compensation?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
This was my email. Interesting that they're sending just "apology" ones without any specific compensation...

ENJOY 2,000 MILES ON US FOR YOUR RECENT INCONVENIENCE.

But here's what you do get: our sincerest apologies and an olive branch of 2,000 bonus miles — available now by clicking through to delta.com.

Plus, we see smoother skies ahead with our strong commitment to improve and the best on-time record in the industry.
GET YOUR MILES >
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by bworrell
This was my email. Interesting that they're sending just "apology" ones without any specific compensation...

ENJOY 2,000 MILES ON US FOR YOUR RECENT INCONVENIENCE.

But here's what you do get: our sincerest apologies and an olive branch of 2,000 bonus miles — available now by clicking through to delta.com.

Plus, we see smoother skies ahead with our strong commitment to improve and the best on-time record in the industry.
GET YOUR MILES >
I didn't even get a link to collect miles...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I boarded the same flight number last December a grand total of four times trying to get to my destination - after two separate diversions, we finally made it more than 28 hours late. I'm a little surprised that didn't qualify me to at least receive an e-mail...

Wouldn't surprise me if these only went out to folks with high value scores/MQD ratings, though. (Or maybe they required a pattern of several consecutive flights with delays?)
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
I got the link, clicked on it and got the message....

"You are not eligible for this promotion"

Huh?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I got it too, along with a rock for Halloween
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by yogimax
I got the link, clicked on it and got the message....

"You are not eligible for this promotion"

Huh?
+1
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a late flight earlier this month and DL doesn't even think that they owe me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.