Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting Kicked Out of SkyBonus - How Should I Redeem 113K Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Kicked Out of SkyBonus - How Should I Redeem 113K Points?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I went with the free Y ticket and 20 drink coupons, which I will give to friends who travel or use if I'm in an Exit row. My logic was the upgrade certs as Platinum were good enough, I can't be certain I'm going to go to the Caribbean or Central America and at least once per year I want to take a domestic trip with a ridiculous fare and possibly on a CRJ, so this free ticket will be perfect for that. I'll miss the SkyBonus program.

Item description Qty Points Total points
SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA Economy Class 1 85,000 85,000 delete
Beverage or Headset Coupons (10) 2 10,000 20,000 delete
Total points 105,000 [+] edit cart
Total points redeemed: 105,000
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's too bad you can't redeem the remaining 8,000 points for 8 more drink coupons.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by bergamini
I went with the free Y ticket and 20 drink coupons, which I will give to friends who travel or use if I'm in an Exit row. My logic was the upgrade certs as Platinum were good enough, I can't be certain I'm going to go to the Caribbean or Central America and at least once per year I want to take a domestic trip with a ridiculous fare and possibly on a CRJ, so this free ticket will be perfect for that. I'll miss the SkyBonus program.

Item description Qty Points Total points
SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA Economy Class 1 85,000 85,000 delete
Beverage or Headset Coupons (10) 2 10,000 20,000 delete
Total points 105,000 [+] edit cart
Total points redeemed: 105,000
I just found this thread, as I am researching what to do with just under 30,000 expiring points.

I did find this in my searches, with regard to the drink coupons:
"Coupons are valid through December 31st of the current calendar year."
I was thinking abut ordering coupons and giving them out to servicemen/women but the expiration date (18 days from now) is a show-stopper.

Sky Club coupons are good for a one year from date of issue. Even the gifted Silver Medallion membership is good for 12 full months, not just until the end of the program year. (BTW... nothing says how much you care more than gifting FO status ...)

It's strange that the drink/headset coupons are handled differently.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
If you order now, the coupons you receive will be valid through 12/31/2015. That wouldn't have been the case if you ordered them two or three weeks ago, but it is now.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
If you order now, the coupons you receive will be valid through 12/31/2015. That wouldn't have been the case if you ordered them two or three weeks ago, but it is now.
I would like to believe that they are not sending out about-to-expire coupons but, based upon the literal working of the T&Cs (below) and keeping in mind past VA Ave behavior patterns, I won't take this on faith.

But, I can call Monday.

Beverage or Headset Coupons (10)

This award entitles you to ten (10) Beverage or Headset Coupons valid for use on any Delta Air Lines flight. Each coupon may be exchanged for your choice of one beer, one cocktail, one headset or one wine split.
Terms and Conditions:
General:

Once points are redeemed on the SkyBonus web site, and the order is placed, exchanges, cancellations and changes to the order are not permitted. Beverage or Headset Coupons will be shipped within one business day via FedEx International (allow 2-5 Business Days for delivery) to the primary administrator at the company's address.
Award:
  1. Indicate choice of cocktail, beer, wine or headset on the coupon and present it to the flight attendant when ordering.
  2. The coupons have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Coupons cannot be sold, bartered, redeemed for cash or exchanged for any other service item
  3. Coupons are valid through December 31st of the current calendar year.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Urgh I didn't read that. I will hope for the best and should have them by Wednesday.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still have a number of drink coupons that I want to distribute (no... not to FT'ers ).

Question... can members of the armed forces, traveling in uniform, order adult beverages?

Sorry for naive question, but this will inform my decision of whether I decide to try to order more.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:40 am
Original Poster

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=6057
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bergamini
Thanks...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

The drink coupons arrived today via overnight air. They do expire on 12/31/2015. Whew! I'm quite sure I will put these 20 bad boys to use in the next 12.5 months.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
My account is finally fading into the sunset as well. I got the SkyClub coupons, though I had to take a SkyClub University class to get the 12 more points I needed. I won't be flying Delta much this year, if at all, but these are great to share.

If you have 8,000 points and you or one of your employees has yet to take the SkyBonus University courses, you could round it up to 10,000 this way to use your remaining points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.