Wiki Posts
Search

bad first class experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

bad first class experience

Dl5402 today yyz-atl

told to sit down because pilot had to use restroom first.

Slow service, drinks served an hour into the flight.

Snack about 20 minutes later.

Economy FA was constantly in the first class galley chatting with the FA the whole time, no wonder service was slow as hell.

Economy pax using FC bathroom.

Not a great experience. In fact, an annoying experience.

Remind me why I bought FC again?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:49 pm

This feedback would be better shared with Delta. And not in a way that looks like you're fishing for points or compensation. Or just choose a different airline/product.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
one of the pilots is the only one whose bodily functions takes priority over you. if there was a cart in the aisle in the back of coach, it is OK for the coach passengers to use the first class lavatory. If this was your biggest problem today, many would like to be in your shoes. Thanks for flying Delta.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bubbashow
one of the pilots is the only one whose bodily functions takes priority over you. if there was a cart in the aisle in the back of coach, it is OK for the coach passengers to use the first class lavatory. If this was your biggest problem today, many would like to be in your shoes. Thanks for flying Delta.
+1 Another one of those rare times I'm. In complete agreement with you.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While carrying DL flight number, this flight was actually operated by regional airline ExpressJet. Unfortunately, the quality of the regional carrier crews can vary quite a bit. I've had some that are quite good and others that are quite bad. The pay scales at the regionals are pretty low, so they don't always get the cream of the crop.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ruckzac
And not in a way that looks like you're fishing for points or compensation.
Can you give some pointers on how to accomplish that?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by michael_v
Simple do not ask and yea shall receive:

Dear Delta,

During the my flight today on DLXXXX I experienced following issues:

The lavatory smelled like crap, the floor was wet, the TP was too thin, and the paper towels were jammed so tightly I could not extricate one without ripping it to pieces.

I would like to ask that a note be sent to the ground crew in HEL to improve their procedures.

Thank you,

PO'ed PAX

Return message from Delta:

Dear PAX,

I am so sorry to learn of your recent incident on Delta. I am sure it was a frustrating experience in the lavatory. At Delta we would like to thank you for your uber status. As compensation for your experience I have placed 7,500 sky pesos into your account.

Sincerely,

RA
Old Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Sure:
  • Explain your motives, something to the effect of, "I want to provide feedback so you can improve your service" or "I wanted to share my experience today so you can improve your service."
  • Describe how the service could have been better, don't whine that you didn't get what you paid for.
  • Compliment aspects of the flight/service that did go well.

Sometimes I will expressly say that I don't want to be compensated and they will compensate me anyway as a show of goodwill. I also prefer to share my complains over phone rather than email.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by ruckzac
This feedback would be better shared with Delta. And not in a way that looks like you're fishing for points or compensation. Or just choose a different airline/product.
+1

Originally Posted by bubbashow
+1

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
+1 Another one of those rare times I'm. In complete agreement with you.
+1 -though I am not as rare as you in agreeing with Bubba
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Pilot's need for lavatory has priority.

During drink service passengers are allowed to use front (F) lavatory if the aisle to the back for them is obstructed by the drink cart.

I wouldn't know about value having never paid for F between YYZ and ATL. But I have been more than happy with the F service over 40+ flights.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I guess I'll be the first to agree with the OP that the flight attendant service sounds downright awful. There is no reason it should ever take that long to begin cabin service.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
I think you are certainly justified in complaining about the services and the unattentive FA.

As for the coach use of the forward lav and the lav blocked off so that the pilot could use it, these a standard things you encounter these days.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I had one Compass FA run up and yell at some guy who stood up while the pilot was in the lav. The poor guy had earplugs in and didn't hear any of the seatbelt announcements. She was relatively disinterested anyway.

Last edited by TTT; Dec 8, 2014 at 4:29 pm
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by tentseller
Pilot's need for lavatory has priority.

^^^

Is there anything foot operated on a modern airplane?

If, while landing, he/she needs needs use of the lower extremities, I do not want them crossed.

Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
^^^

Is there anything foot operated on a modern airplane?

If, while landing, he/she needs needs use of the lower extremities, I do not want them crossed.

Or worse, doing the "pee-pee dance" on the pedals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.