MQM magically changing

Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

MQM magically changing

I just logged into my delta account to book a flight I noticed that my mqm for the year are at 107k, however yesterday they were at 109k. So I rang Delta and I explained to the lady on the phone what happened, she said she refreshed the page on her end and it changed from 107k back to 109k

I logged out and in again only to see it at 109k, what the heck is going on? now I am all paranoid that they are messing with my mqms
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by ubw117
I just logged into my delta account to book a flight I noticed that my mqm for the year are at 107k, however yesterday they were at 109k. So I rang Delta and I explained to the lady on the phone what happened, she said she refreshed the page on her end and it changed from 107k back to 109k

I logged out and in again only to see it at 109k, what the heck is going on? now I am all paranoid that they are messing with my mqms
A regular occurrence for me to have MQMS zero out on this or that past flight for a short period, I assume as the database that produces them gets updated/backed up/etc.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do not trust websites on weekends when database backup/maintenance is performed.@:-)
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:50 pm

How does FT determine which threads appear on the front-page? This isn't about MQM, nor is about any change.
FT needs to change their algorithm to prevent threads like this from appearing on the main page.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I'm over 75k, yet it still says "next year: gold". A few days ago it was "platinum"
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
I'm over 75k, yet it still says "next year: gold". A few days ago it was "platinum"
You may not have met the MQDs for platinum.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
It's not always that simple. Earlier this year they had a major screw-up when miles for Air France flights totally disappeared from member accounts.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ubw117

I just noticed the same thing. A trip that I took in November has been reduced to 0 miles, but the segments are still listed.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Similar situation here. I had an ATL-LAX segment removed from my history that I flew. When I entered the ticket number to request mileage credit, I see that the segment shows up as refunded (!?!?) even though it has the correct class purchased/flown codes.

I sent a note to "Contact Us" about the issue a few days ago. No response yet.

The weird thing was the flight posted correctly after I flew it. Then after two weeks, it just disappeared. (My first segment of the day to ATL posted correctly and is still there.)
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
How does FT determine which threads appear on the front-page? This isn't about MQM, nor is about any change.
FT needs to change their algorithm to prevent threads like this from appearing on the main page.
Yes! This is an outrage!

Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Reggaebird
You may not have met the MQDs for platinum.
I have.
Website update to correct message this morning

Last edited by thesaints; Dec 9, 2014 at 11:42 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.