Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Chisholm call center now taking ALL medallions calls

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chisholm call center now taking ALL medallions calls

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I understand that some long term premerger DL people prefer SLC, but why not offer Chisholm as an option to DMs who want it? Is DL afraid that almost everyone would opt for Chisholm and that would be embarrassing since SLC is the traditional flagship call center for DL?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I don't know who runs the show in SLC but they are probably a lot higher on the food chain than the person running the show in Chisholm.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
I rarely have to call, but the last time I did, I got an agent named Molly in Chilsom. It was the first time I gave a JWD cert. She was great!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
I think that going forward, after all the RDM reductions, getting a call center that helps you out with itineraries especially when there's a change because of IRROPS etc. is one of the major benefits of having status on DL.
I have never had a bad experience with Chisholm. I have only recently had one experience where the agent was rather indifferent. But every single time I have called the agents have gone out of their way to help me by offering insightful suggestions, listening to what I had to say and making sure the call ended to my satisfaction. On top of that, they are also humorous.
I always make sure to tell them what a great job they are doing.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
I rarely have to call, but the last time I did, I got an agent named Molly in Chilsom. It was the first time I gave a JWD cert. She was great!
I would love to see how many JWD certs are given to Chisholm agents vs other centers.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Two years ago, a booked a Skymiles redemption on Delta.com for two in biz-class that was something like a rt LAX-CDG/AMS-JNB all on AF or KLM.

But the website said, "Call reservations to complete ticketing".
Last year I had a similar experience, but my call was initially routed to India. Fortunately, it was quickly transferred to the States and I really didn't care where exactly. But I remember perfectly well how happy I was to hear decent English
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I have been a huge fan of HIB, but my good luck finally ran out, and I actually got an agent who gave inaccurate information around award ticketing. She stated several times that you could only have 3 segments each way on an award ticket. I had her pull up one of my four segment reservations, so she tried to do 4 on the trip I was trying to book, and amazingly it worked. She apologized, worked hard, and was very pleasant...was just shocked that they ruined their 100% with me!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:27 am
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Is there any possible way to call Chisholm - even direct?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
Is there any possible way to call Chisholm - even direct?
You can call in on a local (not toll free) number to a general Chisholm agent but they can't transfer you to an elite agent--at least that was the situation when I tried a couple years ago to call them directly.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:29 am

Thanks! Is 'any Chisholm agent' going to be one of the 'fabled' ones?
Do you have a number? With the complex problem I have, I'm quite happy to call on my dime to talk with someone with expertise who can look at my issue.

Do you have a number? Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
Thanks! Is 'any Chisholm agent' going to be one of the 'fabled' ones?
Do you have a number? With the complex problem I have, I'm quite happy to call on my dime to talk with someone with expertise who can look at my issue.

Do you have a number? Thanks for your help.
I don't have the number any more as it didn't seem to work very well for me. I got it by asking a Chisholm agent if there was a number to call into their call center specifically. I don't know whether directory assistance would have the number as their listing might be for an administrative or personnel number, although again they might be willing to tell you the "call into the call center" Chisholm number.

Generic Chisholm agents aren't elite agents. They generally have the Chisholm problem solving attitude, but they have less experience and aren't trained very much about elite benefits, although they clearly want to learn and try to help you. Expect a friendly and very willing attitude combined with long waits while they figure out how to do elite stuff correctly.

ADDED: Google gives what seems to be the correct address with a phone number of (800) 447-3757. Please report back whether this works.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 16, 2015 at 8:59 am
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Generic Chisholm agents aren't elite agents. They generally have the Chisholm problem solving attitude, but they have less experience and aren't trained very much about elite benefits, although they clearly want to learn and try to help you. Expect a friendly and very willing attitude combined with long waits while they figure out how to do elite stuff correctly.
Pretty much sums up a call that I had a few weeks ago. I wanted an SDC, from SEA-DTW, and told the agent (not sure of her location) that I was willing to give up my FC (UG) for any aisle seat. She first told me about the cost, and I told her that I was a DM, after a pause, she came back and said that would be no charge. She then said that there were seats and I told her to book it. After what seemed to be a very long time on hold, she came back and said something like seat 26E, I asked if it was center seat and she said yes it was. I then had to explain that a center is not an acceptable change and asked again about an aisle. She came back and said there were only centers. I asked to be put back on the original flight and she put me on hold for a supervisor, because she didn't know how. After another long time, she came back and said there was a problem and she couldn't fix it, she then thanked me for being a PM. I hung up and called back. Again, don't know the location, but was able to get my original seat flight back and somehow even kept the UG. The first agent was very willing to help, but didn't know the rules, the options, or was able to fix an error.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Chisholm recognized

Originally Posted by Esltroy
+1
I grew up in northern Minnesota. Chisholm is in the iron range, an area hit hard economically waaaay back when with some taconite/iron ore issue ... so I am delighted that the boys and girls in Chisholm are doing such a great job! More companies should outsource their call centers to northern Minnesota, where the work ethic is alive and well.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Frogbone
I have NEVER even thought of asking where the person on the other end is located. I call and get my stuff taken care off and a don't give a rats behind where they are.

I feel like some here are making this (and themselves) a bit more important than it really is and smells a bit like boasting to me ;-)
I'm sort of lost with all the abbreviation jargon...

Don't knowing people are showing off, but I don't find it helpful. Perhaps that's Delta's fault...?

But I do find it frustrating to call and speak with people who know even less than I do about how to resolve an issue...

I don't like being on hold, but I think I'd rather wait (for 2/3 minutes even) to speak with an experienced person, ie someone whom is knowledgeable and helpful.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by judyserienagy
I grew up in northern Minnesota. Chisholm is in the iron range, an area hit hard economically waaaay back when with some taconite/iron ore issue ... so I am delighted that the boys and girls in Chisholm are doing such a great job! More companies should outsource their call centers to northern Minnesota, where the work ethic is alive and well.
At the MSP airport press conference lass week, DL announced that they're planning to expand the number of jobs in the Chisholm call center. Unfortunately, I didn't hear any numbers or timeframe.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:06 am

I don't have the number any more as it didn't seem to work very well for me. I got it by asking a Chisholm agent if there was a number to call into their call center specifically. I don't know whether directory assistance would have the number as their listing might be for an administrative or personnel number, although again they might be willing to tell you the "call into the call center" Chisholm number.

ADDED: Google gives what seems to be the correct address with a phone number of (800) 447-3757. Please report back whether this works.
I tried the number and got "you've reached the Diamond medallion line" response. But I didn't wait to see if it is Chisholm... But at least the number works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.