Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta pulling out of India/ BOM?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Agree. I'm not sure what the racial bias was in reference to. I also want to bring to light the ME airlines expansion in the US as well. EK adding more frequencies and destinations in the US (MCO) means I no longer even have to set foot on a US airline to get out to the Middle East, Subcontinent, etc.

Kindly re read the middle pages and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I just am fed up with both speculative hype being blown out of proportion on FT in general (the official word or announcement seems rather superfluous here) and yes stereotyping and outright bashing based on things that have nothing to do with Aviation. Those vents should most likely go in the non aviation section as they are not related to Delta. I get that this is flyer "talk" but would expect more professional behavior even in forums from mature adults. A lot of content here seems childish and unmoderated. "Welcome to FT, buddy?" So sad.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LowLevelElite
Kindly re read the middle pages and you'll see what I'm talking about. I just am fed up with [...] stereotyping and outright bashing based on things that have nothing to do with [a]viation.
A few posters described India as a hectic or exhausting place to visit. Those observations aren't racist in the least.

I get that this is flyer "talk" but would expect more professional behavior even in forums from mature adults.
FlyerTalk is a semi-anonymous online forum, not a "professional" environment. I'm not even sure what "professional behavior" would entail in that context.

A lot of content here seems childish and unmoderated. "Welcome to FT, buddy?" So sad.
All content is thoroughly moderated, as anyone who spends any significant time here can see.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by MS02113
A few posters described India as a hectic or exhausting place to visit. Those observations aren't racist in the least.

While I agree with your points about the nature of these boards and the moderators role, I'd also have to point that there is reference in at least ONE post to riding on the plane with smelly people and consuming food that causes gastrointestinal issues at the point of departure. You may think that this is just a matter of one's opinion based on experience, but it does paint a people and culture with very broad strokes.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Kindly re read the middle pages and you'll see what I'm talking about.
I just am fed up with both speculative hype being blown out of proportion on FT in general (the official word or announcement seems rather superfluous here) and yes stereotyping and outright bashing based on things that have nothing to do with Aviation. Those vents should most likely go in the non aviation section as they are not related to Delta. I get that this is flyer "talk" but would expect more professional behavior even in forums from mature adults. A lot of content here seems childish and unmoderated. "Welcome to FT, buddy?" So sad.
In case you have missed it, there is a "Alert a Moderator..." button on every post, that you can use if you find something that is against the TOS of Flyertalk.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I flew the JFK-AMS portion last week and the Purser was as confused & disappointed as we are as to why they've cancelled service into BOM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.