FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta A330 business class seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1619780-delta-a330-business-class-seats.html)

SDQBound Dec 31, 2014 5:05 am

Typical "Which boarding door" question:

I have a flight on an A330 next week, out of JFK. As I will have a limited mobility (not wheelchair, but cannot stand up/walk for a long time due to a recent surgery), should I select a seat towards the back or in the front of the cabin? Both 9J and 2J are available. Which door do they use more often at JFK?

jkramer65 Sep 17, 2015 9:31 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 23661265)
One or two people?

what if it is two people? is the center ok? or should we sit individually at the windows? flying JFK-CDG.

jrl767 Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

overnight flight implies (to me, at least) that you won't be particularly interested in conversation for too very long ... as mentioned upthread, conversation is virtually impossible if you both have window seats and likely requires some contortion if you have A/C or G/J

jkramer65 Sep 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 25439660)
overnight flight implies (to me, at least) that you won't be particularly interested in conversation for too very long ... as mentioned upthread, conversation is virtually impossible if you both have window seats and likely requires some contortion if you have A/C or G/J

So maybe for the ride there do windows and the ride back during the day on.a 767-300 do middle? Thigh you bet to see stuff out of a window during the day.

AugustWest Nov 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Looking for advice on seating options for a family of 4 DTW-AMS. Straight across ACGJ? Or would something like AACC or AACG provide a more cohesive feel? Is there any real conversation possible between C and G? Thanks, mostly nitpicking here, I know. Happy to be in J....

KeepClimbingDick Nov 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 25731466)
Looking for advice on seating options for a family of 4 DTW-AMS. Straight across ACGJ? Or would something like AACC or AACG provide a more cohesive feel? Is there any real conversation possible between C and G? Thanks, mostly nitpicking here, I know. Happy to be in J....

A more cohesive feel? You've got to be kidding. Delta One is about privacy and exclusivity, not family hour. Do you all sit on the same sofa in the den? You and your family members will be drinking, eating, watching movies and sleeping. No need for closey wosey family bonding time. If you're worried book the middle seat pairs. If you're really worried, book Comfort Plus.

Bon Voyage and best of luck to the service providers you meet along the way.

baccarat_king Nov 18, 2015 1:41 am

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 25731466)

Center (CG) is the way to go. Straight across only makes sense if two people (the A and J seats) prefer to have privacy. Yes, it is possible to talk to each other seated in the center seats (and, I have personally done it a few times on the A330).

DTW-AMS isn't a particularly long flight; and most try to maximise sleep. On these red-eyes the vast majority tend to go to sleep for most of the flight, many even skipping the meal service.

AugustWest Nov 18, 2015 9:55 am

Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick (Post 25731805)
A more cohesive feel? You've got to be kidding. Delta One is about privacy and exclusivity, not family hour. Do you all sit on the same sofa in the den? You and your family members will be drinking, eating, watching movies and sleeping. No need for closey wosey family bonding time. If you're worried book the middle seat pairs. If you're really worried, book Comfort Plus.

At least your handle is appropriate!

AugustWest Nov 18, 2015 9:57 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 25732685)
Center (CG) is the way to go. Straight across only makes sense if two people (the A and J seats) prefer to have privacy. Yes, it is possible to talk to each other seated in the center seats (and, I have personally done it a few times on the A330).

DTW-AMS isn't a particularly long flight; and most try to maximise sleep. On these red-eyes the vast majority tend to go to sleep for most of the flight, many even skipping the meal service.

Thanks for the advice. Was mostly just looking for which seat would allow better, if occasional communication. Of course we will be sleeping. You, and not the previous responder, are what I find valuable about FT.

AugustWest Nov 18, 2015 9:59 am

Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick (Post 25731805)

I also feel really sorry for your family, if you even talk to them.

vgb2001 May 5, 2016 2:28 pm

Does anyone have an opinion regarding 6A on this plane? Does it get a lot of noise from the galley behind? I'm currently in 1A HKG/SEA and I'm not sure which is best?

mnbp May 5, 2016 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001 (Post 26582459)
Does anyone have an opinion regarding 6A on this plane? Does it get a lot of noise from the galley behind? I'm currently in 1A HKG/SEA and I'm not sure which is best?

I honestly don't think there's a bad J seat on the A330.

vgb2001 May 5, 2016 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 26582554)

I like your attitude :-)

TrojanTraveler May 5, 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 26582554)

My favorite DL plane. And vgb2001, if it matters to you, they also serve from back to front.

vgb2001 May 5, 2016 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler (Post 26582653)
My favorite DL plane. And vgb2001, if it matters to you, they also serve from back to front.

I seem to recall that. Which is kinda why i'm thinking of switching to 6A instead of 1A. But I'm concerned about the noise from the galley. Such a hard world made of hard choices ;-)