FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta A330 business class seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1619780-delta-a330-business-class-seats.html)

jrl767 Jun 7, 2016 12:15 pm

I've posted a couple times in the past year about being disappointed with the A seats in the first few rows on redeye flights ... the fact that the seats are angled out (footwell by the window and head close to the aisle) made the light and FA conversation from the galley problematic

Peatisback Jun 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback (Post 26742818)
Thoughts on best two seats w/infant in arms?

We're taking the little one ATL-HNL in a few months. She'll be a little over 14 months and thankfully so far she's a surprisingly good flyer- loves staring out the window.

The center pairs are all taken with the exception of 1C/G and the last two J side window seats are available (8J/9J). Otherwise there are random window seats (including 1A- which I'm not sure offers any extra advantage). My initial thoughts are that it will be better to have some windows to use as a distraction if needed, and that the back of the cabin might be better also. Any suggestions one way or the other?

Bump- any thoughts on first row center pair vs. back of cabin windows w/infant in arms?

scongro Jun 13, 2016 11:52 am

Doing 1C/G AMS-JFK in 2 weeks; I'll let you know how they are if no one else has experience in them.

gooselee Jun 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback (Post 26768005)
Bump- any thoughts on first row center pair vs. back of cabin windows w/infant in arms?

Sounds like you have 2 adults and 1 infant in arms, right? If so, I'd take 1A and 1C, so everyone can easily get to each other across the same aisle. 1C/G means you don't have a window and have to walk around through the galley to get to the other seat - though in theory you could pass the kiddo across the divider pretty easily.

If 8J/9J are still available, they'd be good as well, but note that you basically won't be able to see each other unless one of you stands up (whereas in 1A/1C you can kind of at least peek across the aisle).

The seats are great but are primarily designed for adults travelling alone.

Side note, are infants in arms even allowed in this cabin? I don't recall ever seeing any, and I know many airlines restrict infant in arms in their F/J products due to the seat design and airbags.

finny52 Jun 14, 2016 8:13 am

ALL window seats are taken. I currently have 1G reserved... Does anybody recommend 7, 8, or 9 C/G all of which are available?

I imagine 7 is a bit noisy due to proximity to the galley. What about 8/9 compared to 1 (which is also next to a LAV?). I'm trying to optimize for quiet and dark.

Thanks for any insights!

Peatisback Jun 14, 2016 8:33 am

Exactly right- two adults, one infant in arms.

We went with 8J/9J as 1A got taken. May not be bad to have some separation- one parent takes care of the kid while the other can eat/nap etc..

It is the child seat that is not allowed in the cabin due to the airbags- infant in arms are allowed.

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 26773456)
Sounds like you have 2 adults and 1 infant in arms, right? If so, I'd take 1A and 1C, so everyone can easily get to each other across the same aisle. 1C/G means you don't have a window and have to walk around through the galley to get to the other seat - though in theory you could pass the kiddo across the divider pretty easily.

If 8J/9J are still available, they'd be good as well, but note that you basically won't be able to see each other unless one of you stands up (whereas in 1A/1C you can kind of at least peek across the aisle).

The seats are great but are primarily designed for adults travelling alone.

Side note, are infants in arms even allowed in this cabin? I don't recall ever seeing any, and I know many airlines restrict infant in arms in their F/J products due to the seat design and airbags.

yqtyyz Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Just booked DTW-PEK in J, so it's on an A332.

I usually like being seated in the last row when in J, so would 6A be affected by the galley's light, or would the curtain block out light sufficiently? I usually wear my Bose headphones, so I'm not too worried about doors opening and closing.

I selected 5A, but 6A/K are available.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to my first Delta flight in J.

mnbp Aug 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz (Post 27124618)
Just booked DTW-PEK in J, so it's on an A332.

I usually like being seated in the last row when in J, so would 6A be affected by the galley's light, or would the curtain block out light sufficiently? I usually wear my Bose headphones, so I'm not too worried about doors opening and closing.

I selected 5A, but 6A/K are available.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to my first Delta flight in J.

Hardly any bad seats on the A332, in my opinion. Best ride in the entire fleet.

baccarat_king Aug 27, 2016 2:38 am

Originally Posted by finny52 (Post 26776470)
ALL window seats are taken. I currently have 1G reserved... Does anybody recommend 7, 8, or 9 C/G all of which are available?

I imagine 7 is a bit noisy due to proximity to the galley. What about 8/9 compared to 1 (which is also next to a LAV?). I'm trying to optimize for quiet and dark.

Thanks for any insights!

I almost always wind up on the -300; but when the x2 Delta AMS-BOS service was -300 and -200 I had the opportunity to fly the -200 once or twice. Row 7 (first row of the mini-cabin) has a really nice "shelf area" in front of the seat that can be convenient inflight. It's not a deal breaker, but was nice to have somewhere you could place a few items inflight. Even if just when getting up etc.

Roadbob Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Sea-Hkg A330-200 which cabin?

Hi - flying delta one A330-200 - which part of delta one is better the larger front cabin or the smaller one that has c+ behind it? Thanks

gooselee Sep 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Roadbob (Post 27239814)
Hi - flying delta one A330-200 - which part of delta one is better the larger front cabin or the smaller one that has c+ behind it? Thanks

I honestly don't think it matters a ton.

Mrs. Lee and I flew in 2J/3J once and they were perfectly fine, aside from not being able to interact/talk at all (if with a companion, definitely go with a middle pair). We were not disturbed at all in the front of the front cabin, as the lavs are far enough away and the galley up there isn't really used.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably just grab something in the front or middle of the forward cabin. I might avoid the last row of the front cabin or the front row of the rear cabin due to proximity to the working galley.

Peatisback Sep 20, 2016 8:21 pm

We flew back in 9C/9G HNL-ATL. Did not like these seats at all. The crew could not have been louder, the meal prep in the galley was loud, the crew didn't turn off the lights in the back part of the cabin (not the galley) until being asked four times.

My wife and our toddler fell asleep shortly after dinner but it did not last long with all the noise from behind us. We'll definitely never select these seats again for a red-eye.

scongro Sep 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by scongro (Post 26772367)
Doing 1C/G AMS-JFK in 2 weeks; I'll let you know how they are if no one else has experience in them.

I've never done the 747 or 777, but otherwise these are the two best seats for a couple in D1, period. Only minor issue is the Galley is right in front of you.