FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta A330 business class seats (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1619780-delta-a330-business-class-seats.html)

TrojanTraveler May 5, 2016 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by vgb2001 (Post 26582663)
I seem to recall that. Which is kinda why i'm thinking of witching to 6A instead of 1A. But I'm concerned about the noise from the galley. Such a hard world made of hard choices ;-)

I personally choose row 6 when on this plane. A balance between being forward enough so that you don't get "what's left" from the entree choices, yet get service earlier so that you can settle in and watch movies/sleep/etc. If by myself, I would choose an A seat.

kpbadger May 14, 2016 9:47 pm

What would be your recommendation for a party of 3 in business class on the 333? I've got 7A/C/G right now (odd numbered flight) but there's enough space available to change things up if needed.

baccarat_king May 15, 2016 10:10 am

Originally Posted by kpbadger (Post 26627213)
What would be your recommendation for a party of 3 in business class on the 333? I've got 7A/C/G right now (odd numbered flight) but there's enough space available to change things up if needed.

I am guessing you are mentioning "odd numbered" for service. But the A330-300 is back to front; due to the (operating food&beverage) galley behind the cabin. With that being said I believe, service is always back to front.

IMO, and we do it quite often, there is no good 3-seat arrangement. We usually just split up as we see fit; and depending on who is traveling. My wife, myself and 14 year old; wife + 14 year old center, and I take a window, for example.

IMO, also only the center seats are conducive for two people who want to have a conversation or enjoy their meals "together." Of course, you give up having a window.

Just my two €cents.

TrojanTraveler May 16, 2016 7:53 am

I assume you mention that it's an odd-numbered flight due to taking orders by FEBO. In D1, I have never seen them use FEBO.

As baccarat_king states, there is no good set-up for three people. I would stay with the A/C/G set up.

kpbadger May 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Great - thanks for the advice. If it's unlikely they'll use FEBO I'll move a couple rows forward then. Thanks!

baccarat_king May 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by kpbadger (Post 26634257)
Great - thanks for the advice. If it's unlikely they'll use FEBO I'll move a couple rows forward then. Thanks!

You do realise it's back to front service? My favourite seat is 2J on the A330, BUT I get served last.

TrojanTraveler May 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 26634268)
You do realise it's back to front service? My favourite seat is 2J on the A330, BUT I get served last.

Right. Generally they take orders front to back, but serve back to front. So if you don't want to get "what's left", you need to sit further forward, realizing that you will get served later.

horseymike Jun 7, 2016 8:20 am

Delta a 330 first class seat comfort ?

Looking for some opinions with regard to the comfort of the Delta A 330, Atl - Hnl
first class , lie flat seats. Have heard a few pros and cons, hard to find much information from passengers who have flown in these seats.

3Cforme Jun 7, 2016 8:24 am

Delta doesn't offer First class internationally - it's Business (or branded Delta One). A search on 'A330, business' yields this thread among many:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta......-seats.html

jalves Jun 7, 2016 8:51 am

Flew on the A330 last month between ATL to HNL and return. The seats up front (whatever you care to call them) are very nice. Places to put your stuff, full flat recline, comfy bedding, nice controls.

GRALISTAIR Jun 7, 2016 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jalves (Post 26742438)
Flew on the A330 last month between ATL to HNL and return. The seats up front (whatever you care to call them) are very nice. Places to put your stuff, full flat recline, comfy bedding, nice controls.

Yes , I recently flew them (AMS-DTW and return) and agree with the sentiments expressed here. :)

BenA Jun 7, 2016 9:22 am

In my experience the Delta A330 seat is the best business class seat they fly, and superior to business class seats on many (if not most) other international carriers. While some may quibble about minor design features, it offers a fully flat bed, significant privacy and direct aisle access from every seat. Book with confidence!

Peatisback Jun 7, 2016 9:54 am

Thoughts on best two seats w/infant in arms?

We're taking the little one ATL-HNL in a few months. She'll be a little over 14 months and thankfully so far she's a surprisingly good flyer- loves staring out the window.

The center pairs are all taken with the exception of 1C/G and the last two J side window seats are available (8J/9J). Otherwise there are random window seats (including 1A- which I'm not sure offers any extra advantage). My initial thoughts are that it will be better to have some windows to use as a distraction if needed, and that the back of the cabin might be better also. Any suggestions one way or the other?

horseymike Jun 7, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks everyone

Thanks for your responses

rylan Jun 7, 2016 10:45 am

One of the best seats that DL has. The only one I think is better is the 747 as there is a bit more room on the sides, but the 300 is still very roomy and comfortable with a good entertainment system as well.