Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Guess What Delta Will Announce as 2016 "Enhancements"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guess What Delta Will Announce as 2016 "Enhancements"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
$100 fee for BE seat assignment in advance. Fee would be collected from all but KM. dl.com sure to crash at every T-24 as cheap Fters scramble for an open 7A on a T7.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jiburi
At one point in the past decade, AA sort of had this stupid policy. To redeem the VDBC voucher, they required a booking fee. There was no way to avoiding this fee as it was not bookable online.

Jiburi
Yes, I see it. A $200 handling charge to redeem a $200 voucher.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:19 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by jbalis
why in the world would I want to figure out what direction a company might go in before I give them my future business.
Please highlight where this thread helps you "figure out" the "direction" of SkyMiles. You were better off, just saying it was for "fun." (We have many threads like that, such as the recent RTW thread, just NOT this one)

Quite frankly, this thread, really isn't that much more different than this.

I'm actually, one who seldom complains on FlyerTalk (or at least, that is my belief, I'd be happy to stand corrected). I'm very much, ask a question, if I have the knowledge, answer the question.

I've been around loyalty programs for a long time; and my other area of expertise requires extreme amounts of discretion. Joking or not, one would never memorialize potential "sweet spots" that could change (for the worse). Why give Delta any insight?

But, my belief, is that the OP, who only seriously got into this game a short time ago is bitter about all the changes. Well, we all are bitter on some level. But, you need to learn to adapt and find (optimize) the current "sweet spots." (or find an airline loyalty program that works better for you!)

I'm sort of stuck, since I have to fly, and I'm (we) are based in Amsterdam. This isn't just an optional "hobby" or "game," and quite frankly, there are much more lucrative games out their (if it is just a "game") that provide a heck of a lot better ROI than frequent flyer loyalty programs.

So, there, now you have my two euro-cents.

Back to the regularly scheduled program of "discussing" all the bad things that can happen to SkyMiles for 2016.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Tweet "Delta is great!" and automatically receive DM plus 1 million miles. (Targeted only to NYC and SEA residents.)
This is perfect!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
This is perfect!
However you will still not get a meal between MIA and MSP as even a tweet will not move them the 2 miles farther away you need for $kyGrub
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Quote:

This is perfect!

However you will still not get a meal between MIA and MSP as even a tweet will not move them the 2 miles farther away you need for $kyGrub
It's two miles short? I thought we determined that it was two miles over the limit?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's two miles short? I thought we determined that it was two miles over the limit?
Continental drift.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Tweet "Delta is great!" and automatically receive DM plus 1 million miles. (Targeted only to NYC and SEA residents.)
Bawhahahaha, so true! Quadruple MQMs too!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
$100 fee for BE seat assignment in advance. Fee would be collected from all but KM. dl.com sure to crash at every T-24 as cheap Fters scramble for an open 7A on a T7.
Don't give them this idea. BA and a couple of others already do this. Unless you pay FULL fare J/F you still have to pay for a pre-assigned seat. Basically you just paid $6k for a Z type ticket and they still want you to pay $100 per seat assignment.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Continental drift.
Classic! (I just spit out my AM tea)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Classic! (I just spit out my AM tea)
Sorry. I hope your computer is OK.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:37 am

Economy My-Space seating upgrade where customers
will pay extra for the convenience of non-reclining seating.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Sorry. I hope your computer is OK.
Giggle. CPU fine. Desk blotter wetter but only has a few months left anyway!^
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:35 am

Giggle. CPU fine. Desk blotter wetter but only has a few months left anyway!^
.....and keyboard seems to be recovering well.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
ROFL, it is great living in SEA, just topped 600k MQM, oh wait, doesn't matter anymore, it is now another $$ run required. Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.