Search

Damaged/Destroyed Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Damaged/Destroyed Luggage

Has anyone noticed an uptick in DL breaking/damaging bags lately? In the past year I have had 5 bags broken by DL to the point that they had to be replaced. The claims process has not been the problem, and I have been reimbursed every time. Though it is getting annoying find huge dents, or completely cracked bags almost every time I fly. Is the ground crew just caring less and less now? Also this is not specific to one airport as it happens all over the place.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
Haven't noticed it, and we travel with some heavy bags - usually 2 x 65 lbs per person.

Of course, maybe they aren't getting (any more) damaged is because they're 65 lbs.

All the best, James
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Somewhere between MSP-AMS-MAD earlier this month, DL-KL, my bag got pretty badly damaged. Wheel saparated from the frame. First time I've ever had a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.