Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Requires Window Shade Closed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
thats a good plan, let me know how the FBI and the diversion go for you.

I really recommend all the DYKWIA types read up on the the FARs and learn the law about flying before doing what Grouchy says. Flight crews are the law in the sky, PERIOD. If they tell you shut the window shade, you do it. Or don't and face what ever comes to you on the ground. I wouldn't expect Delta or the FAA to side with you on it though. (as we see with the OP, Delta even said the FA can require you do shut the window shade)

Play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Ignoring FAs or failing to comply with flight crews is a great way to win a stupid prize.
I'm pretty sure how it will go. Have been part of 'the welcoming committee' a looong time ago. Likely gonna be a long day with no winners...only losers.

Tough, you assume way too much. Don't worry. There is a big difference between not taking a FA serious anymore and causing a diversion.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
I'm pretty sure how it will go. Have been part of 'the welcoming committee' a looong time ago. Likely gonna be a long day with no winners...only losers.

Tough, you assume way too much. Don't worry. There is a big difference between not taking a FA serious anymore and causing a diversion.
I would hope so. A diversion is expensive for DL and seriously inconveniences many passengers. It shouldn't be done for a FA on a power trip.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 16, 2014 at 4:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
And, the survey results are in:

Most-hated passengers...

Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And, the survey results are in:

Most-hated passengers...

See? DL SC's need more showers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.