Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Equipment Change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Equipment Change

Equipment change has resulted in the reassignment of my full fare first class ticket for an economy seat with no better options given by Delta. Has anyone ever heard anything remotely close to this happening before?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I would demand that Delta either honors their end of the agreement and provide a seat in first class or give you a full refund. If not, I would report Delta to my financial institutions fraud department.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ski18
Equipment change has resulted in the reassignment of my full fare first class ticket for an economy seat with no better options given by Delta. Has anyone ever heard anything remotely close to this happening before?
Sure. There's a mechanism for cabin downgrades written into the contract of carriage. You can wait for a seat in first or take a downgrade and partial refund (and maybe some customer courtesy miles).
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:25 pm

I was able to change my delta flight without penalty after they changed my schedule/aircraft from an aircraft with PTV to another one without PTV.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
What flt? Date? City pairs?

Equipment change has resulted in the reassignment of my full fare first class ticket for an economy seat with no better options given by Delta.
Options are available, they just may not be the options you like.

Has anyone ever heard anything remotely close to this happening before?
Never!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:34 am

What did they say when you called?

Their auto-rebook-computer can be pretty crazy. Somethings just getting a person on the phone can quickly resolve problems.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Happened to me a few times. Always received the difference between F and the lowest available economy fare, and a 200 voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.