Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me what this means?

So I just hit Silver on Friday (not a super frequent flyer), and I noticed the part that is highlighted in red. Does anyone know what this means? It seems like it's just worded really poorly.

Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:32 pm

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by jmack549
So I just hit Silver on Friday (not a super frequent flyer), and I noticed the part that is highlighted in red. Does anyone know what this means? It seems like it's just worded really poorly.

I believe this means you've already reached the spending threshold for Gold medallion and you need to complete one of the flight activities, either Miles or Segments.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I believe this means you've already reached the spending threshold for Gold medallion and you need to complete one of the flight activities, either Miles or Segments.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I still think it is conveyed rather poorly in that message.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I agree, it's not very intuitively written. You'll notice that the MQM and MQS status bars have a plane icon on the right. So, the text is trying to say that you need to complete one of the plane icon tasks to reach GM
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Another possible explanation... you said that you just qualified for Silver on Friday. So, at some point on Friday you were just one flight away from Silver. (Your screen shot shows that you qualified for Silver based upon segments, not miles.)

DL.dumb is now properly showing that the next level you are working towards in Gold, but somehow the "Complete one..." field did not get updated.

I suspect this will get corrected over the next few days.

My explanation is elegantly simple... it merely relies upon a jaundiced perspective of DL IT capability.

(Of course, the other explanation sounds credible too. )
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Another possible explanation... you said that you just qualified for Silver on Friday. So, at some point on Friday you were just one flight away from Silver. (Your screen shot shows that you qualified for Silver based upon segments, not miles.)

DL.dumb is now properly showing that the next level you are working towards in Gold, but somehow the "Complete one..." field did not get updated.

I suspect this will get corrected over the next few days.

My explanation is elegantly simple... it merely relies upon a jaundiced perspective of DL IT capability.

(Of course, the other explanation sounds credible too. )

+1
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
I've seen this before on my profile, and maybe I'm in the minority but I had no problem understanding what it means -- that there are two requirements for every status level (MQM/MQS and MQD/Amex)

If OP hadn't already met the spend threshold, I believe the wording would change and include the '$' symbol. Something like "Complete one <plane> and one $ for Gold Medallion"
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
I've seen this before on my profile, and maybe I'm in the minority but I had no problem understanding what it means -- that there are two requirements for every status level (MQM/MQS and MQD/Amex)

If OP hadn't already met the spend threshold, I believe the wording would change and include the '$' symbol. Something like "Complete one <plane> and one $ for Gold Medallion"
+1

Right now the OP spent enough for GM, but not enough MQM. He only needs one airplane icon. When he hits GM, it will show Earn one and one with airplane and check marks again to earn platinum
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Mewans hit either your next level by segments OR Miles flown
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Originally Posted by ops55
+1

Right now the OP spent enough for GM, but not enough MQM. He only needs one airplane icon. When he hits GM, it will show Earn one and one with airplane and check marks again to earn platinum
Thank you! You said it much more succinctly than I did.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ops55
When he hits GM, it will show Earn one and one with airplane and check marks again to earn platinum
Actually, it will be one airplane and one dollar sign.

The dollar sign was replaced by a check mark when the goal was reached.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Actually, it will be one airplane and one dollar sign.

The dollar sign was replaced by a check mark when the goal was reached.
You are correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.