Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta waffling on transcon upgrade policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mfFrom35K
Known at this time:
- Complimentary Upgrades on premium transcon flights, namelyJFK-SFO/LAX, are no longer an available benefit for any level Medallion Elite
- Regional and/or Global Upgrade Certificates as well as Miles may be used for upgrades on premium transcon flights
- Seattle-JFK is no longer a premium transcon flight
Print Wikipost

Delta waffling on transcon upgrade policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'd say these are worse trolls than Bubba. This is done with the pure and utter intention of trolling.

My upgrades on STL-ATL-SEA-LAX-ATL-GNV in the next 6 days are all within bounds and have nothing to do with this thread.
Just because one has an opposite opinion of many doesn't mean that one is a troll. I would say clogging with posts that have NOTHING to do with the subject matter as some of the above is the definition of trolling
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Just because one has an opposite opinion of many doesn't mean that one is a troll. I would say clogging with posts that have NOTHING to do with the subject matter as some of the above is the definition of trolling
I have my suspicions sometimes, based on the apparent obliviousness to facts, the logic-free conclusions, and the shifting rationales. The people talking about transcon upgrades are not trolls - unless one is immersed in Delta's jargon, how is one supposed to know that a flight from ATL to LAX (for example) is not transcontinental? People who fly out of ATL don't follow this issue at all, I suppose - why should they?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
The people talking about transcon upgrades are not trolls - unless one is immersed in Delta's jargon, how is one supposed to know that a flight from ATL to LAX (for example) is not transcontinental? People who fly out of ATL don't follow this issue at all, I suppose - why should they?
Because they they don't go from one coast to the other? Not sure what tree you're trying to bark up here- this is not "Delta Jargon" it's english.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
Because they they don't go from one coast to the other? Not sure what tree you're trying to bark up here- this is not "Delta Jargon" it's english.

C'mon now. The BOS to LAX flight is also not considered a transcon in "delta jargon" but it certainly does fly from coast to coast. So does SAN-JFK, and it's also not considered a transcon.

And then, to make matters more confusing, there is a whole other policy for getting into the Sky Club for free on "transcon" flights when seated in first class which includes the flights from the east coast to LAS and I think DEN also! So yes, there is certainly "Delta Lingo" and this is hardly a matter of understanding english.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I'm afraid LAX-OAK does not qualify as transcontinental in any sense of the word. I am glad that poster got the upgrade, but we have a http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ss-thread.html for those purposes.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
C'mon now. The BOS to LAX flight is also not considered a transcon in "delta jargon" but it certainly does fly from coast to coast. So does SAN-JFK, and it's also not considered a transcon.

And then, to make matters more confusing, there is a whole other policy for getting into the Sky Club for free on "transcon" flights when seated in first class which includes the flights from the east coast to LAS and I think DEN also! So yes, there is certainly "Delta Lingo" and this is hardly a matter of understanding english.
But this thread is not about SkyKlub access, the flights in question are all BE and not first class marketed, and these people are not posting about SAN or BOS flights...

So I'll repeat your "C'mon now" back at you.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:01 pm

Mmmhmm. SEA is about 95 miles from the coast, yet SEA-JFK is marketed as transcontinental.

Last edited by Carl Johnson; Jul 9, 2014 at 12:38 pm
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:15 pm

Mmmhmm. SEA is about 95 miles from the coast, yet SEA-JFK is marketed as transcontinental.
How does your post in any way have to do with the post you quoted?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'll add that, the last time I flew LAX/OAK, I didn't get upgraded.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:38 pm

How does your post in any way have to do with the post you quoted?
Sorry, fixed.

Originally Posted by davetravels
I'll add that, the last time I flew LAX/OAK, I didn't get upgraded.
The last time I flew SAN-LAX, I didn't get upgraded!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
The last time I flew SAN-LAX, I didn't get upgraded!
I did. And I also got upgraded on the connecting flight to JFK.

Still irrelevant, because that was prior to this policy.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Sorry, I fly on business if I fly at all this route, and there's no point of hoping for an upgrade when I can pay less for Mint or get the UP on OA. Anyway, I don't need the miles on DL, already Diamond, so can enjoy AA or UA, where my near top status gets me upfront. Why bother if DL doesn't care? Get over it folks - they don't care.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rasmcasm
Sorry, I fly on business if I fly at all this route, and there's no point of hoping for an upgrade when I can pay less for Mint or get the UP on OA. Anyway, I don't need the miles on DL, already Diamond, so can enjoy AA or UA, where my near top status gets me upfront. Why bother if DL doesn't care? Get over it folks - they don't care.
Exactly. Why bother to worry about it when you can chose another airline and either pay full fare at a great price as is the case with jetBlue's mint or you know what they policy is on another airline? Now DL wants you to believe if you are one of the chosen few, you may be upgraded. Good luck with that.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by rasmcasm
Well, they do care, it appears - because of people like you shifting away from them. I fly JFK-SEA and back, and for us, Delta is it. Cheaper than everybody else, and with more flights. We're staying where we are because of a lack of alternatives, but Delta is apparently wavering because of the actions of people like you, who still do have alternatives.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
But this thread is not about SkyKlub access, the flights in question are all BE and not first class marketed, and these people are not posting about SAN or BOS flights...

So I'll repeat your "C'mon now" back at you.
My point was related to your previous comment about the use of Delta "lingo." I cited the sky club and those routes as examples that might help illustrate my point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.