Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

24 Hour risk free cancellation on award tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 Hour risk free cancellation on award tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
24hr rule still apply to award tix?

I am again in a situation where I need to book an award ticket for exactly 75 hours from now, but am not 100% sure that I will actually go on the trip and may not know until the evening before (two days from now). Am I still safe to assume that booking right now will give me until tomorrow at midnight to cancel?

I know it was this way a year ago but if Delta has changed the policy (that the 24 hour rule trumps the 72 hour rule) then I'd like to know. Has anyone recently cancelled an award within 24 hours of booking & within 72 hours of departure?

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
To answer my own question I just called and was told that yes, the 24 hour rule does still trump the 72 hour rule.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
For what it is worth, I booked a pay with miles ticket yesterday for a noon flight today. I had to cancel today’s noon flight and was able to do it risk free. Miles are already back into the account, and the credit card will be refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.