Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta 757 International Config Review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta 757 International Config Review

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 6:32 am
Used to be 'Mark Fetters'
Original Poster

Thumbs up New Delta 757 International Config Review

I just got off N721TW the only 757-200 in the new International configuration.

A very nice updated cabin with mood lighting, 16 business elite seats in a 2-2 configuration. All are lie flat.

The screens were really large. The safety video came out a little blurry but the moving map looked great.

Power outlet and a little storage area kind of awkward turn to reach all the way back and behind you.

Red seat belt strap.

Seat Controls

New remote which is not like any others Delta have.

LED reading light with 4 modes of brightness and also a set of seat controls for takeoff and sleep modes only. Neat idea but not very useful.

More mood lighting

Trey table with all wood finish. Matches the pre-depature drink table between seat mates.

A light snack they said. It was a full meal in which you might find on a domestic route. Burger was very good. With a potato salad and strawberry cheesecake.

Muffin before landing.

Over view of my seat.

A few notes do not sit in 4C as the bathroom light will shine on you as people exit. 4D is not as bad with the divider blocking out most of the light. Overall I enjoyed the new cabin and is a very nice upgrade i look forward to see more often. The seats are angled in towards the windows. I think it might be hard to climb over someone in the middle of the night if you have the window. The foot rest area is a little on the small side but my feet fit okay (size 11 shoe). My final verdict is an A- just because of some small things. I did get a good night rest for a such a quick red eye.

Any questions please ask.

Last edited by Mark2fly1034; May 8, 2014 at 6:41 am Reason: Picture link problems
Old May 8, 2014, 7:20 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Thanks for the report. This looks similar to UA's 757 international configuration, but it has some differences. The seats are similar, but DL's have leather. There is mood lighting on the plane, and the quality of the food appears to be better as well.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Thanks for all the great pictures, and the review. Do we know when all of the 757s that are used TATL will be converted to this lie-flat configuration, and you would be guaranteed of getting one (similar now to the entire wide-body international fleet)?

For instance, I would consider getting to ARN through JFK on DAL once I was guaranteed of a seat like this. Until then, no way I would pay for the current crappy 757 TATL BE seating. BA through LHR is a much better option.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Awesome group of pictures, thanks for making the effort here. Can you provide flight #, date and to/from?
Original Poster

I think by the end of summer but I am not 100% sure.

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Nearly identical to QRs new J seat for short/medium haul. Horrific looking seats though, at least QR has cloth.

The muffin looks disgusting...
Old May 8, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Flight number 2240 SFO-JFK 5/7 arrived 5/8
Old May 8, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by atl runner
For instance, I would consider getting to ARN through JFK on DAL once I was guaranteed of a seat like this. Until then, no way I would pay for the current crappy 757 TATL BE seating. BA through LHR is a much better option.
For ARN, I wouldn't count on it this year. I've been checking on this for the same reasons that you state, and I doubt it will be done this year. Plus I think they want to get these on the transcons rather than on routes where they have less competition.

OP, thanks for the pics. Given the space they had to work with is not optimal, I think DL did a fairly good job with this.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Great post and welcome to FT! I've been hoping to catch one of these birds, but I suspect SEA-JFK will be the last to get them.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Great post and welcome to FT! I've been hoping to catch one of these birds, but I suspect SEA-JFK will be the last to get them.
It does the flight to SEA every so often. It's on it's way to SXM right now. I have seen it in ATL and MCO so it seems to be whatever the rotation is.

Another note I also forgot to add that the did not label where the trey table was and took a little while to find also the area for the shoes is easy to miss. It sits between both passengers. A water bottle went in there and who knows when it will be found.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How do the window seat passengers escape?
Old May 8, 2014, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Mark Fetters
It does the flight to SEA every so often. It's on it's way to SXM right now. I have seen it in ATL and MCO so it seems to be whatever the rotation is.

Another note I also forgot to add that the did not label where the trey table was and took a little while to find also the area for the shoes is easy to miss. It sits between both passengers. A water bottle went in there and who knows when it will be found.
what?? The only flatbed 757 is going to SXM? My favorite place to go to, hence my screen name! Good for SXM!! Thanks for the pics OP. I have a few flights in J on JFK to SEA coming up in July, I can only hope the flatbed 757 is swapped for the angled version.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:11 am
Suspended

After returning to JFK from SXM later today, it does the 8:05 flight to SFO, then after a RON, it does the 6:40 AM flight from SFO back to JFK on 5/9.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
That aisle looks TIGHT!

This guy is denoted as 75S on DL.com, right? I'm guessing the best way to identify if you have this on your route is the 4 rows of F/BE? (IME, the layflat icons shown in various places aren't necessarily reliable on the website).
Old May 8, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gooselee
That aisle looks TIGHT!

This guy is denoted as 75S on DL.com, right? I'm guessing the best way to identify if you have this on your route is the 4 rows of F/BE? (IME, the layflat icons shown in various places aren't necessarily reliable on the website).
The angled seats in J also have 4 rows of J so you can't go by that. I am told that EC on the newly configured 757 goes back to row 25 so thats an easy way to tell... Look at EC and if you see that it goes back to row 25 then your golden.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.