Wiki Posts
Search

SkyPriority screen shot / mobile pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I don't travel anymore
SkyPriority screen shot / mobile pass

In thinking of mobile boarding passes, it suddenly occurred to me that someone who lost GM status could simply use a screen shot of an old SP mobile boarding pass (common for me to take them before Passbook integration) to access the SP security line.

I don't think I would have the cojones to do this (also on a moral level), but I would imagine this is somewhat of a gap, as it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Am I wrong? I don't think the attendants check that closely...just look for the red bar and Sky Priority.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
Originally Posted by tristar76
In thinking of mobile boarding passes, it suddenly occurred to me that someone who lost GM status could simply use a screen shot of an old SP mobile boarding pass (common for me to take them before Passbook integration) to access the SP security line.

I don't think I would have the cojones to do this (also on a moral level), but I would imagine this is somewhat of a gap, as it wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Am I wrong? I don't think the attendants check that closely...just look for the red bar and Sky Priority.
It would probably work. I doubt the tsa person who actually scans your bp(the real one) will care that it's not SP. On the other hand, you might get one that tells you to go to the end of the line. I'd say it'd work 90%+ of the time.

Obviously I don't want you clogging up my line though.

/was kidding about the my line thing
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Don't even need a screenshot if you've still got your old BPs in your Passbook.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: DL PM
I've always wondered about this too. Though one time in ATL, the person asked me to scroll down a bit to check the date of my mobile boarding pass....just because of that one incident out of quite a few, I'd be too scared to do so in the future. Thank goodness GE/Pre Check lasts for 5 years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.