Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer now showing Delta certificate upgrade availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer now showing Delta certificate upgrade availability?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Look at the T&Cs for the GUCs. If daugher is being upgraded with your GUCs, are you required to be on the same itinerary, same flights, or what?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Look at the T&Cs for the GUCs. If daugher is being upgraded with your GUCs, are you required to be on the same itinerary, same flights, or what?
I was under the impression you had to both be on the same PNR, but perhaps it is just the same itinerary/flights.

The agent's comment regarding a BWI-ATl separate RT ticket seems to make sense.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have booked MIA-ATL-STR-ATL-MIA using four GUCs for two of us traveling. One GUC in each direction per passenger with both of us on the same PNR.

Now to figure out how to use her four GUCs.
It's not all that easy.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
From the T&C: "Certificate may be used only to upgrade tickets for travel by the Medallion member or one companion in the same reservation and confirmed in the same cabin as that member."

We have separate reservations. The agent said that she was cross-referencing the 2 reservations and spent a good bit of time writing comments in her record. Who the comments are for, I don't know. She also spent a few minutes figuring out the applicable rules, but in the end she put in the upgrade.

Perhaps I should just let it alone since I have what I want (at least for now), but I have until midnight to make changes to the 2 reservations before the change fee kicks in and complicates any needed changes.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I called DL & the agent said global upgrades are handled by the "international reissue desk." Apparently it hasn't cleared that "desk" yet. Given that the process was almost immediate for my ticket, they may well have an issue with the way my daughter's ticket was booked.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Well, now you know who the comments are for.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz
Originally Posted by roknroll
Wonder if O/R update in real time and in tandem with OP/RP?
It appears as though it is real time based on others' experiences, but I actually cleared into BE on JFK-NRT-BKK when EF had O=0.

The agent on the phone was told me she put me on the waitlist in both directions and then all of the sudden the return leg cleared. No idea how that happened but I'll take it!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta DM
Could someone help me with something? I requested an upgrade on flight 417 on July 16 and flight 16 on July 26. Can you see the global upgrade availability anywhere?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by ausstone
Could someone help me with something? I requested an upgrade on flight 417 on July 16 and flight 16 on July 26. Can you see the global upgrade availability anywhere?
On your trip details page you should see "SYSTEMWIDE UPGRADE REQUESTED" above your seat assignment for segment(s) where you are waitlisted.

That's what I see for the segments where my upgrade did not clear at booking.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ausstone
Yes, on EF (paid). Go to award and upgrade availability and look for O class.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: DL:DM; HHs:Gold
Delta Domestic Upgrade Fare Classes R, RD, & RK vs Expert Flyer R (only)

I have done a bit of research and am still confused.

When Expert Flyer shows R availability, I bring that info to the Delta DM desk, they say, "Oh, we only have RD & RK availability for that flight, you need R." It appears as though EF lumps the low (R) and middle (RD) together, but I can't confirm that.

Adding to my confusion, an email from EF says: "We only show DL economy low level award availability (N class) not Business or First inventory." Yet I see R and O in the results of their searches.

If anyone can shed light on any of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you look in EF, you'll see that they state the following for R and O...
First - Upgrades using Miles or Certificates (R)
Business - Upgrades using Miles or Certificates (O)

You're finding upgrade inventory, not award inventory if you look for those.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by jrhardy
I have done a bit of research and am still confused.

When Expert Flyer shows R availability, I bring that info to the Delta DM desk, they say, "Oh, we only have RD & RK availability for that flight, you need R." It appears as though EF lumps the low (R) and middle (RD) together, but I can't confirm that.

Adding to my confusion, an email from EF says: "We only show DL economy low level award availability (N class) not Business or First inventory." Yet I see R and O in the results of their searches.

If anyone can shed light on any of this, it would be greatly appreciated.

EF "R" = DL RP = Upgrade to First using SWU/GUC/RUC/miles
EF "O" = DL OP = Upgrade to Business using SWU/GUC/RUC/miles
EF "N" = DL N = Low/Saver Economy Award

Delta's R, RD, RK, O, OD, OK, ND, NT, NM, NG, NP, and NT fare classes are not accessible by EF.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL:DM; HHs:Gold
Thank you, that really helps clear it up.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It looks like there is a quirk with expert flyer. I was trying to use a GUC for HKG-SEA on 12/31/14, and the agent said it wasn't available, while EF said O=5. I called back a few hours later and go the same story. Anybody else having issues with EF not lining up with DL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.