Wiki Posts
Search

Is this DL lawsuit possible

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by phenobarbital
Apparently the one that the "you can sue" folks on this thread went to.

I think even a guy with a JD from InfiLaw would say - "you have no case".
As long as paper will absorb ink, anyone can sue.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ScatterX
I wish, but there is no chance with this one either. These statements are so silly that any person claiming to have believed them would not be credible.
Not fraud, which requires reasonable reliance, intentional infliction of emotional distress, based on something like the deliberate ironic insult of hearing the word "integrity" coming out of Richard Anderson's mouth.

OH!

What about this.

It was C.E. Woolman who built the airline on a foundation of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect, so how about a case to take C.E. Woolman's desk away from Anderson and make him sit at a Skyclub-quality desk.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
I always thought you Delta folk were more cultured and cosmopolitan than us UAers. Judge Judy doesn't film in New York. Anyone care to take a wild guess where Judge Judy is filmed?

PS $47 mil a year = $900K per workday (52 days a year). I don't think she worries about flying commercially...
Everyone knows they use NYC exterior shots, but the cases are heard and filmed in LA. There is the famous footage from a couple years ago when the earthquake hit mid-case.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm the OP here. Just wanted to say thanks again for the many replies. Many replies were useful and certainly answered my question so thank you. Let me clarify again, though, that a scant few seem to be confusing INQUIRY with INTENT. In asking the question, I only wanted to INQUIRE if it was possible. it was NEVER EVER EVER my INTENT to sue the airline and I agree w/ the thoughts of many that if I (or anyone) is so dissatisfied w/ the changes the airline has made, the best course of actions is for me to change my airline choice. thanks again to the many many helpful replies. Now I just need DL to get me back home from LIM to the States then I'll head to the SCOTUS. I'm just kidding, folks! ! well, not kidding about Delta getting me home.......
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Better stop . . .

Suggest that the OP stop drinking during the day.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
As long as paper will absorb ink, anyone can sue.
Thank you for your wisdom. You appear to have read all the words and still missed the point.

Also-I will be awaiting news of your lawsuit.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Argh... just stopppp with the lawsuit grumble everyone, please!! They haven't done anything illegal... if you want to get back at them, switch to AA... case closed.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: DL DM; UA PLT
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Not fraud, which requires reasonable reliance, intentional infliction of emotional distress, based on something like the deliberate ironic insult of hearing the word "integrity" coming out of Richard Anderson's mouth.

OH!

What about this.

It was C.E. Woolman who built the airline on a foundation of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect, so how about a case to take C.E. Woolman's desk away from Anderson and make him sit at a Skyclub-quality desk.
Please explain where the lack of integrity exists? Were you promised something that you did not receive? Details would be appreciated...if you have any.

Where is the lack of honesty or lack of moral principles? I'm sure you have examples...
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by phenobarbital
Thank you for your wisdom. You appear to have read all the words and still missed the point.

Also-I will be awaiting news of your lawsuit.
No, YOU seem to have read all the words and still missed the point. I explicitly stated I would not sue, nor would I encourage anyone to sue, nor do I think such a suit has a good chance of success. I've said so about half a dozen times now.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by HongKonger
No, YOU seem to have read all the words and still missed the point. I explicitly stated I would not sue, nor would I encourage anyone to sue, nor do I think such a suit has a good chance of success. I've said so about half a dozen times now.
So you plan to sue?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
Argh... just stopppp with the lawsuit grumble everyone, please!! They haven't done anything illegal... if you want to get back at them, switch to AA... case closed.
....NO!!!! Please let them go on! It is so delightfully entertaining to watch the pigs wallow in the mud! Sue...sue...sue!!!!! LMAO!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by sterno24
Please explain where the lack of integrity exists? Were you promised something that you did not receive? Details would be appreciated...if you have any.

Where is the lack of honesty or lack of moral principles? I'm sure you have examples...
....but the pamphlet I received in the mail said I was important....and then...there was that man on the video...with the southern drawl that said I was important. I have based so much of my life on this. LOL!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kettle1
So you plan to sue?
I see what you did there. +1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.