Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Incorrect - it is YOU who needs to check again. For status challenges, completing the challenge is based solely off of ELITE QUALIFICATION POINTS. I completed an AA status challenge for PLAT last summer. If you're buying cheap fares (that only earn 0.5 EQPs per miled), you have to fly AT LEAST 20,000 miles during the challenge period to earn 10,000 points. If you're flying on Y fares on Premium Cabin fares that earn 1.5 points per mile, you only need to fly 6,667 miles.

From the Flyerguide wiki page:
An AA Challenge is based on flying sufficiently to earn 5,000 (AAdvantage Gold) or 10,000 (AAdvantage Platinum) Elite Qualifying Points (EQP) in a three month period. Challenges may begin on the 1st or 16th of the month. Elite Qualifying Points are figured on the basis of miles earned and fare class. See the tables at aa.com for the official rates.
http://flyerguide.com/index.php/Challenge_(AA)

You can requalify for status with either miles, points, or segments. But Status Challenges are strictly POINTS. Not Miles. Not Segments.
^^^^^
Old May 15, 2014, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry I don't follow DL that closely....has there been speculation that existing partner bonuses/transfer rates will be changed?

If they don't change these rates (to reduce miles that can be earned) (and why would they if they can seel them to the partners), it almost seems they are making the program tied less to the airline and more as a loyalty program?

Maybe the next thing they will do is to ask partners to pay more for the miles (i.e. our miles are more valuable now so pay more)? Thus, causing the partners to award fewer miles?

I am guessing the rate they sell the miles to us will also increase?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by username
I am guessing the rate they sell the miles to us will also increase?

Thanks.
Who buys DL RDM anyhow?
(the only RDM I will ever buy are AV RDM on 2x1 or higher promos.)
Old May 16, 2014, 6:40 am
Suspended

When are we able to book one-ways? On January 1st 12:01 AM?
Old May 29, 2014, 12:31 am

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Hi I am sorry I am looking for the some information, does any of you know if starting January 1st We will be able to transfer 1 AMEX Membership rewards to the program by getting a 1:1 ratio? I have not read about it but if its gonna affect the way you earn miles by flights I believe thats its gonna impact the transfers as well.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Any word on how we'll earn RDM's on partners? Or when DL will officially tell us how we'll earn RDM's on partners?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Any word on how we'll earn RDM's on partners? Or when DL will officially tell us how we'll earn RDM's on partners?
I suspect it will be similar (if not the same) to what we have now. For the most part, unless you fly the core partners AF/KLM/AS, AZ, or Virgin, they've pretty much gutted SkyTeam as far as qualifying "miles" (points?) go. But it looks like you can still get most of your RDMs on partner airlines "based on fare class" (up to 100%). In practice this will be interesting to see how it works.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_.../airlines.html
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So if I'm booking award tickets for travel next year, would it fall under the current scheme or the 2015 scheme?

Are people rushing to book now under the current scheme?

Or now that they've added all these tiers, is availability expected to improve in 2015. That is availability at the new "lower" award classes, which are still higher than the current ones?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
What matters is travel date, not when you book. Any flights flown on or after 1/1/2015 earn under the new rules.

Nobody really knows what availability is going to look like next year. Some people are optimistic and some people are highly skeptical after experiencing Delta's "enhancements" over the last few years. Me, I tend to be a skeptic.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by javabytes
What matters is travel date, not when you book. Any flights flown on or after 1/1/2015 earn under the new rules.

Book now and earnings fall under new rules... but redemptions have to be made under old rules.

Why am I not surprised?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by TTT
As a DM you would earn 2310 miles for that trip (210*11).

Now were it gets tricky is whether the $210 is one way or round trip. If one way you come out ahead. If the $210 was the round trip fare you would earn the following (as a DM):

2014 = 4508
2015 = 2310
Can they make this anyMORE complicated? As someone already noted, they already have the dollar based system with the MQD!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Just got:

Hello Mr. iCorpRoadie,

We want to thank you for your continued loyalty to Delta and for being a valued SkyMiles member.

Recently, you may have experienced difficulties in receiving proper Medallion® Qualification Dollars (MQDs) credit for some of your flight activity. Given the length of the delay, I wanted to personally commit to you that we are working to resolve this issue quickly to ensure that your account is accurate.

We have identified the cause of this issue and expect a solution soon, however, it may take several more weeks for the MQDs to post correctly to your account. Rest assured that this delay will not hinder your ability to achieve 2015 Medallion status.

Thanks again for your patience and your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Karen Z........
Managing Director - SkyMiles Global Program Management
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
Just got:

Hello Mr. iCorpRoadie,

We want to thank you for your continued loyalty to Delta and for being a valued SkyMiles member.

Recently, you may have experienced difficulties in receiving proper Medallion® Qualification Dollars (MQDs) credit for some of your flight activity. Given the length of the delay, I wanted to personally commit to you that we are working to resolve this issue quickly to ensure that your account is accurate.

We have identified the cause of this issue and expect a solution soon, however, it may take several more weeks for the MQDs to post correctly to your account. Rest assured that this delay will not hinder your ability to achieve 2015 Medallion status.

Thanks again for your patience and your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Karen Z........
Managing Director - SkyMiles Global Program Management
Not sure if this applies in your case (and the letter does seem to be personally directed to you and less of a canned copy & paste response but I could be wrong), but this could be frustrating if someone was trying to move up a tier and was being held back from doing so because their MQDs weren't posting correctly, especially if they had upcoming flights in the near future where they should be the next tier up, but won't be because DL can't apply the correct MQDs.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
UA just copied DL on the miles/$ spent on a ticket. DL's customer-unfriendly "loyalty" program management must be thrilled.

http://mileageplusupdates.com

No backing down now.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by GUWonder
UA just copied DL on the miles/$ spent on a ticket. DL's customer-unfriendly "loyalty" program management must be thrilled.

http://mileageplusupdates.com

No backing down now.
If DL had a Copyright on the values then UA is in trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.