Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Choice Benefit Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Howste
.....how long do I have to choose my 2013 CB before I lose them?
In case MSPeconomist wasn't blunt enough: if anyone still has a Choice Benefit that was granted in 2013 and is still unclaimed, SELECT YOUR CHOICES NOW!
Come March 1, that CB disappears!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Bowgie
In case MSPeconomist wasn't blunt enough: if anyone still has a Choice Benefit that was granted in 2013 and is still unclaimed, SELECT YOUR CHOICES NOW!
Come March 1, that CB disappears!
Done!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Just look at the choice benefits page and see if the 2015's are in there yet for selection.

Did you already use your 2014 PM? If not you can get 10 SWU's (4 PM, 6 DM) before the deadline next week.

I really don't know what to do.....6 is better than 4. Or I can get 4 for PM now and 4 new ones later. The only flights I need them for are not available. Once you select them the clock starts ticking. I have let many expire in the past, but I just used 4 with no problem (go figure).

The other remaining question is once the new ones arrived, how much confusion is there going to be with agents during the overlap? I can see a mess coming.....
Old Feb 21, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
As a DM, what does a Regional Upgrade get me? Higher priority for an upgrade on a flight I'm already near the top of the list for a medallion upgrade on?

The only time I can see it being of value is if I haven't selected towards the end of the year, and find I'll be much lower status next year; then, as a Gold or Silver medallion, it would move me to the top of the list.
The main difference is that certificate and miles upgrades come out of a different bucket than comp upgrades. So, it would give you additional chances to get the upgrade if you think DL is likely to release some RP inventory but not any RU. (I think I got those inventory codes right but correct me if I'm wrong).

Theoretically (assuming the RUCs go to the gate) it should give you a bump ahead of anyone waiting for a comp upgrade, even a DM on a higher fare class, although whether that is actually the case in practice remains to be seen.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
2015 Choice Benefit Selection

I think the point was the only domestic flights that the SWU had value on were transcons and HI. which neither matters for new RPUs
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:27 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Just look at the choice benefits page and see if the 2015's are in there yet for selection.

Did you already use your 2014 PM? If not you can get 10 SWU's (4 PM, 6 DM) before the deadline next week.

I really don't know what to do.....6 is better than 4. Or I can get 4 for PM now and 4 new ones later. The only flights I need them for are not available. Once you select them the clock starts ticking. I have let many expire in the past, but I just used 4 with no problem (go figure).

The other remaining question is once the new ones arrived, how much confusion is there going to be with agents during the overlap? I can see a mess coming.....
Thanks - sometimes finding info like this is tricky.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:50 am

newbie question:
i am a PM now, and will be DM in the next month or so.
Will my PM status now earn me 1 CB, and then next month I can get another 2 CB, for a total 3CB?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Yes you will, you already should have your PM CB and once you reach DM the DM CB will become available (ignore the 2014 CB's in the image):

Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:15 pm

Thumbs up

thank you Grouchy

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.