Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Choice Benefit Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Emirates Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
2015 Choice Benefit Selection

I apologize if this has been answered already.

I've already qualified for PM in 2015, and was hoping to select the 4 SWU's before they change in March. Does anyone know if this is possible? My only selection now is 2014 Diamond benefits, which I'm holding off on selecting until Feb 28th.

Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Blainux

I've already qualified for PM in 2015, and was hoping to select the 4 SWU's before they change in March. Does anyone know if this is possible? My only selection now is 2014 Diamond benefits, which I'm holding off on selecting until Feb 28th.

Thanks!
If you earned PM in 2012 for 2013 you must spend before 1MARCH2014
If you earned PM in 2013 for 2014 then you can wait until new certs are out.
If you earned PM in 2014 for 2015 you have lots of time to wait to spend!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I don't think you answered the OP's question. According to .dumb, SWUs will only be issued until February 28, and only regional upgrade certificates will be available on and after March 1. If the OP wants SWUs, he/she needs to claim them by February 28. I would think you should be able to see PM gift options online if you have already qualified for 2015, but not sure. Maybe call DL and request?

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tificates.html
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Did you qualify on MQMs only? I do not think you actually have the status for 2015 yet or will receive any choice benefits until you also meet the MQD threshold
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Blainux

Thanks!
I already have met MQM & MQD requirements for PM this year and don't seem to have the ability to select any choice benefits for 2015 yet. I met both of these thresholds a few weeks back so it's not a matter of waiting a day or two after the system logged these.

When I go to the appropriate page in delta.com, I only see my prior selections that I have already made (2013 PM/DM & 2014 PM/DM selections)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by eturowski
I don't think you answered the OP's question. According to .dumb, SWUs will only be issued until February 28, and only regional upgrade certificates will be available on and after March 1. If the OP wants SWUs, he/she needs to claim them by February 28. I would think you should be able to see PM gift options online if you have already qualified for 2015, but not sure. Maybe call DL and request?

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...tificates.html
Which still is not an answer to the question. Delta - if one earns PM or DM status for 2015 (the first MQD year) prior to Feb 28 2014, will the Choice Benefits for 2015 be available to select?In the past - the choice benefits were available for selection as soon as status was earned for the program year. In the non-MQD times, many of us with huge carryovers actually earned 2014 status in 2012 and had 2013 as well as 2014 Choice benefits to use.

I will hit MQD PM requirements as well before the end of Feb so it is relevant to me - especially the SWU versus Regional upgrades certificates.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Which still is not an answer to the question. Delta - if one earns PM or DM status for 2015 (the first MQD year) prior to Feb 28 2014, will the Choice Benefits for 2015 be available to select?In the past - the choice benefits were available for selection as soon as status was earned for the program year. In the non-MQD times, many of us with huge carryovers actually earned 2014 status in 2012 and had 2013 as well as 2014 Choice benefits to use.

I will hit MQD PM requirements as well before the end of Feb so it is relevant to me - especially the SWU versus Regional upgrades certificates.
See my recent reply. I have met MQM/MQD PM requirements for 2015 and delta.com will not allow me to select my 2015 choice beneifts yet. My experience may not be what everyone sees but at least it is a data point.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
I want to do the exact same thing and haven't figured it out yet. The problem is that I want to hold off on last year's Diamond selection for the GU certs, and proceed with this year's Platinum selection for the SWUs. The online system won't let you select them out of order like this, or at least I can't figure out how. I'll call before the end of Feb, and that's probably the best choice we have right now.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by campbe79
I want to do the exact same thing and haven't figured it out yet. The problem is that I want to hold off on last year's Diamond selection for the GU certs, and proceed with this year's Platinum selection for the SWUs. The online system won't let you select them out of order like this, or at least I can't figure out how. I'll call before the end of Feb, and that's probably the best choice we have right now.
I've used Choice Benefits out of order in the past - using DM benefits for 2013 prior to PM benefits for 2012. The advantage was, gifting Gold using 2013 benefits in 2012 gives an extra year of GM for the SO.

Seems we have a new "enhancement?" On Monday I will hit the $7500 spend for PM. I want to use my CB just like you do - for SWUs, not RUs. Seems I'll be calling, too.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
Originally Posted by Bicostal
I've used Choice Benefits out of order in the past - using DM benefits for 2013 prior to PM benefits for 2012. The advantage was, gifting Gold using 2013 benefits in 2012 gives an extra year of GM for the SO.

Seems we have a new "enhancement?" On Monday I will hit the $7500 spend for PM. I want to use my CB just like you do - for SWUs, not RUs. Seems I'll be calling, too.
Don't quote me on it! I only looked really quickly. I'm sure I just missed a link on selecting out of order. I'll check next week and report back
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, DL 1M, Marriott Elite, Hilton Gold, SPG Elite
On a similar note; when can we make the 2015 selections for choice benefits ? After 2/28 ?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by campbe79
Don't quote me on it! I only looked really quickly. I'm sure I just missed a link on selecting out of order. I'll check next week and report back
In the past it was never a problem to select choice benefits out of order. You saw all the PM and DM sets of choice benefits available for selection and just checked the box for the ones you wanted to do.

However, my understanding of the new rules is that anyone qualifying for status for the 2015 program year will only be able to select from the new choice benefits and that would mean after March 1.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 20, 2014 at 2:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EP + million miler DL PL Med + million miler
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the past it was never a problem to select choice benefits out of order. You saw all the PM and SM sets of choice benefits available for selection and just checked the box for the ones you wanted to do.

However, my understanding of the new rules is that anyone qualifying for status for the 2015 program year will only be able to select from the new choice benefits and that would mean after March 1.
Does anyone know what those benefits will be in 2015?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
RUCs and GUCs replace SWUs. I think there were some other minor changes, maybe different collections of gift cards. There were also some special DM luggage tags.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I too have surpassed MQMs (thank you rollover) and MQDs (thank you AmEx spend waiver) earlier this month for 2015 status. Like the others, no benefit options yet. Hope there are no surprises when the new program year information is completely rolled out .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.