Wiki Posts
Search

The end of pink tagging?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold
The end of pink tagging?

Sitting in ATL, flight 4971 to GPT. GA is stating that they no longer pink tag (changed this morning) and everything has to be checked through on regionals. FA is having a nervous breakdown. Anybody else experience this today?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:05 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If that is the case, there will be times when I will be emptying my carry on into a plastic bag and carrying it on. I won't check my photo equipment, period! It will take them longer to wait for me to remove 95% of the items and get them onto the plane vs. just gate checking the bag.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
The end of pink tagging?

Can't argue with you - but seems SUPER unlikely to be real. I mean, the general traveling public doesn't know a CR2 from a 777 and unless all carry on dimensions drop, I cannot believe that working out for anyone.

Guess we will see. I can't even guess why that happened today.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:08 pm

I hope this is not the case! I need my wheelchair at the gate, not delivered with the baggage.

We are flying on a CRJ200 from Rochester to Minneapolis this coming Sunday and I don't want my wheelchair checked through to Puerto Vallarta. I want it on the plane from Minneapolis to Puerto Vallarta with me, because that way the frame won't get bent.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:10 pm
formerly ASTechGuy

Just came in to ATL this morning on 5352 from OAJ and pink tags we're definitely used. Maybe they didn't get the memo. ;-)
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I hope no one gets the memo!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Time for them to trade those CRJs in for some ERJs with real overhead bins. They'll probably take a hit at the ERJ dealer but that's life. They can ship the canadian planes off to China or turn them in to Coors cans and buy a proper size regional jet (if they're done dealing with pink tags).
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by murphysxm
Sitting in ATL, flight 4971 to GPT. GA is stating that they no longer pink tag (changed this morning) and everything has to be checked through on regionals. FA is having a nervous breakdown. Anybody else experience this today?
Well, 4971 was not Compass, and not a Embraer, so this goes beyond the topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...light=pink+tag

Hopefully this is just an ill-informed FA, and not another cash-grabbing attempt to poke a sharp stick in the eye of the flying public.

As usual, a DL rep could chime in here and stave off a lot of unproductive speculation and angst.

Any takers, DL Reps?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
This was floated around on Facebook a few weeks ago...maybe the same gate agent spreading bad info.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Maybe they ran out of pink tags at that gate.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...900-700-a.html
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:58 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
They can ship the canadian planes off to China or turn them in to Coors cans
Perhaps, THIS would be a more appropriate home afterlife for an old CR2!

Last edited by davetravels; Feb 18, 2014 at 2:07 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davetravels
Perhaps, THIS would be a more appropriate home afterlife for an old CR2!
^^
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold
I'm pretty sure it was a gate agent messing up a memo. The flight attendant made a point to apologize to all of us who had checked bags and promised it wouldn't happen again
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Doesn't pass the smell test, and for what it's worth I've pink tagged on CR7s 3 times since yesterday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.