Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone having luck on delta.com to request mileage credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 3MM

I completed the Request Mileage Credit form on the delta.com website located here:

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/manag...t/index_DL.jsp

After entering all the pertinent information and clicking submit, I get a blank web page with the website address changing to:

"https://www.delta.com/cwsemail/servlet/EmailSender?templateName=request_mileage_credit.xm l&cmd=go"

The page is completely blank and I don't get an email or anything to let me know that my request was received. I have used two separate computers, using four different browsers (IE9 Windows, Chrome Windows, Safari, Chrome Mac and get the same results.

Has anyone got this form to work for them?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Getting Skymiles to post correctly will wear you out sometimes. Even if you figure out how to get someone to listen to fix the problem once, good luck duplicating that feat a second time.

Posting your earned points correctly is not a DL strong point.
RealHJ likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Call the SkyMiles number on Monday. They can post the points while you are on the phone. 1-800-323-2323 or the number on your medallion card.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 3MM
OK - thanks for the replies - a phone call it is!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Just Mail or Fax in the Request

The online mileage request form does not work for partner flights, which is the most frequent source of missing miles. I would not waste time calling if a partner flight is involved because Delta is going to want to see the boarding passes (or copies thereof),

Just mail or fax the request to:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
SkyMiles Account Support
Dept. 654
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532
or fax: 404-773-1945

This info is on the online mileage request form on Delta.com
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bowgie
The online mileage request form does not work for partner flights, which is the most frequent source of missing miles.
I just bumped into this. Four years later, they still make you use snail mail or fax. Coming from UA, which makes this process super easy, it was really a bad surprise to learn this can't be done online.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM
you can use the comment/complaint form online to request partner credit, no need to mail or fax
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by roberta_h
you can use the comment/complaint form online to request partner credit, no need to mail or fax
Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:25 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bumping up this thread. I had a paid-fare premium select ticket and upgrade by using GUC in January. All four sectors were not credited (RDM, MQD, and Lifetime Miles). I have used online missing mileage request TWICE, and each time I got the following exact canned response (Quote below), but there is nowhere to find those credits from my account activity. Should I just call DM line, or are there other channels I may contact to have them done a more thorough investigation on this?

Hello (My Real First Name),
Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines regarding your request for mileage credit.
This ticket 006********** has already been applied to your account activity. To view your mileage activity, log into your SkyMiles account and select “Account Activity.”
After reviewing your SkyMiles account activity online at delta.com, if you notice you did not receive credit or you believe you did not receive the correct amount of miles, please see below:
  • Was your activity older than 9 months?
  • Did the name on the ticket match the name on the SkyMiles account?
  • Was your ticket one the following:
    • Award Ticket
    • Miles + Cash Ticket
    • Full Pay with Miles Ticket
    • Incentive Fare
    • Infant Fare
    • Exception Fare
  • Did the fare purchased qualify for full mileage or any mileage at all?
  • Was your travel credited to another frequent flyer account?
  • Did you already receive credit for the maximum allowable amount earned of 75,000 miles?
To review any guidelines regarding the above, please visit (Membership Guide & Program Rules).
We appreciate your support as one of our Diamond medallion member. We look forward to welcoming you on your next flight with Delta or one of our many partners.
Thank you,
SkyMiles Account Support Team
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mckerrow
Bumping up this thread. I had a paid-fare premium select ticket and upgrade by using GUC in January. All four sectors were not credited (RDM, MQD, and Lifetime Miles). I have used online missing mileage request TWICE, and each time I got the following exact canned response (Quote below), but there is nowhere to find those credits from my account activity. Should I just call DM line, or are there other channels I may contact to have them done a more thorough investigation on this?
Presumably these were on VS metal? As has been noted here a number of times, GUCs process into G fare class on VS metal which is their award booking class for VS Upper Class awards. Delta systems see the VS G class on flights and assume they are award flights and are not eligible for mileage credit. You will likely need to fully explain the situation to a DL agent and try to get them to understand the issue with GUCs on VS booking into their G class which DL sees as an award ticket instead of a revenue fare.
dw likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Presumably these were on VS metal? As has been noted here a number of times, GUCs process into G fare class on VS metal which is their award booking class for VS Upper Class awards. Delta systems see the VS G class on flights and assume they are award flights and are not eligible for mileage credit. You will likely need to fully explain the situation to a DL agent and try to get them to understand the issue with GUCs on VS booking into their G class which DL sees as an award ticket instead of a revenue fare.
Thank you for the response, but this was a fully DL metal trip (LGA-DTW-HND round trip). I had never encountered such issue and was even surprised (or maybe not) by the exact canned response twice. I just don't know if it is okay to call the DM line to sort this issue out.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:03 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by roberta_h
You cannot. I mean you can, but it never works. Always a copy-and-paste response telling you that you should submit it again. A human sends it (as response time varies), but it's always the same copy and paste response once you submit the form.

It is impossible nowadays to get miles posted for 006 ticket DL coded flights, which are not posting automatically.

That is a problem as for 2023 flown flights you are not getting the MQM/MQD rollover then.

CS refuses to respond. "SkyMiles support" never responds when you respond back to them. You must submit the form, to which the response is always the same "blah blah blah, valued customer, sorry to disappointed, but we cannot post miles. you can try to submit your request again" nonsense. They do not read or look at the receipts showing FLWN, the boarding passes, nothing, and simply refuse to post miles, while CS enables them and refuses to respond to any inquiries on that.

Been going on so for months. Frankly, Delta's loathing and mistreatment of their customers is despicable.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
They haven't even bothered to update the copypasta, since it's now multiple years since the 75k limit was removed.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mckerrow
Thank you for the response, but this was a fully DL metal trip (LGA-DTW-HND round trip). I had never encountered such issue and was even surprised (or maybe not) by the exact canned response twice. I just don't know if it is okay to call the DM line to sort this issue out.
Ah, okay. I would suggest looking at your ticket receipts on delta.com - https://www.delta.com/mydelta/walletMyReceiptSummary
What entries do you see involving this trip (status, class, etc.)? There will likely be multiple ones.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Ah, okay. I would suggest looking at your ticket receipts on delta.com - https://www.delta.com/mydelta/walletMyReceiptSummary
What entries do you see involving this trip (status, class, etc.)? There will likely be multiple ones.
Four sectors booked into W (for LGA-DTW-LGA) and G (for DTW-HND-DTW), and then I used GUC to upgrade the whole trip (booked into OV and OK). None of four FLOWN sectors are credited. If it was a ticket under $500, I probably would just let go to keep myself sane, but unfortunately it was not.

I used the complaint form to submit a request now and received a response by saying this has been submitted to SkyMiles Department today. Please wait for 7 to 14 days. I will follow up later to see if they eventually credit (or not).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.