Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do you have to be drunk to survive as a DM with Delta?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Lately, there were a lot of stories about drunk passengers "acting out" and forcing planes to land to have passengers removed. Incidents of air-rage are apparently at an all time high. So I was a bit surprised to find the new "have one on us" coupons in the DM package this year. They are again good for alcoholic beverages only. Last year coupons had a "non perishable snack" option.

Are there still "snack coupons" ? Does Delta figure that the only way someone will still be DM given recent enhancements is that they are permanently drunk out of their mind?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by underattack
Lately, there were a lot of stories about drunk passengers "acting out" and forcing planes to land to have passengers removed. Incidents of air-rage are apparently at an all time high. So I was a bit surprised to find the new "have one on us" coupons in the DM package this year. They are again good for alcoholic beverages only. Last year coupons had a "non perishable snack" option.

Are there still "snack coupons" ? Does Delta figure that the only way someone will still be DM given recent enhancements is that they are permanently drunk out of their mind?
I moved up from PM to DM late last year and all of my coupons allow non-perishable snacks.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Lately, there were a lot of stories about drunk passengers "acting out" and forcing planes to land to have passengers removed. Incidents of air-rage are apparently at an all time high.
The vast majority of us can handle our booze IMHO.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Four drinks in a year hardly sounds like a drunk.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Four drinks in a year hardly sounds like a drunk.
I'm usually good for 4 per flight. The one HOOU and 3 purchased. My company card has a 25 receipt requirement, so 3 purchased is my limit without making it obvious.

Accounting thinks I eat my meals on the plane.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Do you have to be drunk to survive as a DM with Delta??
Paging Thomas Hudson....
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
We find it helps.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Not sure if she was a DM ....

http://m.startribune.com/news/?id=244543571&c=y
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
...Does Delta figure that the only way someone will still be DM given recent enhancements is that they are permanently drunk out of their mind?
Man: I have no sympathy for a man who is intoxicated all the time.
W. C. Fields: A man who's intoxicated all the time doesn't need sympathy.

Not sure how "permanently drunk" four coupons is going to keep anyone.

But the deletion of the snack option is curious.

In my profession, we urge people to be alert to "weak signals" that night portend future events. Perhaps DL is preparing to do away with the snacks for purchase.

Or, maybe the snacks they sell cost more than the average mini bottle of booze, and this is a cost savings matter.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:14 pm

Lately, there were a lot of stories about drunk passengers "acting out" and forcing planes to land to have passengers removed. Incidents of air-rage are apparently at an all time high.
They are? Can you list the "incidents" and explain the statistics? Or at least tell some of the stories you say you've heard lately about planes being forced to land.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
No.

Never been drunk. Not planning on starting any time soon.

Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by RRDD
I'll be flying BWI-SLC next week. If there's a repeat performance I'll be sure to ask her...
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nyctoatl
I'm usually good for 4 per flight. The one HOOU and 3 purchased. My company card has a 25 receipt requirement, so 3 purchased is my limit without making it obvious.

Accounting thinks I eat my meals on the plane.
Wish my company had such a rule. We have to submit receipts for any and all transactions.

But I agree, I think ~4 drinks on a flight is pretty reasonable. For me it usually goes something like: PDB, post-departure beverage (before meal), drink/wine with the meal, glass of Bailey's/something with dessert. Of course, this could certainly vary with flight duration and what my method of transportation is at the destination airport.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
wow, you all are a bunch of boozers LOL
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Yeah, I noticed that on the new HOOUs in the DM packet as well. However, the HOOU coupons that print on the BPs still have the language for non-perishable snack as well. Wonder if it was an accidental omission on DL's part for the packet certificates...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.