Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone else get a letter from DL extending their status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else get a letter from DL extending their status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DougSkymiles
This hasn't been my experience. I have been rebooked into Y due to IRROPS three times over the past year and every time I was credited with flying Y, not my original booking class (usually a S,L,U,T fare)
Including the 50% credit? That used to happen on PMNW, but apparently DLIT considers not giving the extra credit much higher priority than fixing broken stuff (award calendar, *cough cough*).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sethb
Including the 50% credit? That used to happen on PMNW, but apparently DLIT considers not giving the extra credit much higher priority than fixing broken stuff (award calendar, *cough cough*).
Last year in Oct and Nov it happened twice to me. On a delayed oct ATL/DTW flight the skyclub booked me directly into first on another flight and I received the 50% bonus miles, unfortunately it was only 250 miles, but in November my DTW/LAS flight was really delayed and the GA for the next flight said he would book me directly into the F cabin and the boarding pass showed an F fareclass and received 1749 bonus MQM's on a sLUT fare.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

BTW, I thought it was DL policy to rebook people into the same fare code as what was purchased for their ticket so that they don't get any extra MQMs or RDMs.
Well, my experience is you get the usual paid/flown.
During IRROPS i'm re-booked in Y but it shows Paid / Flown (ex K / Y) and I get the miles MQM associated with the original booking.

Years ago (>2 years at least), I used to get the bonus RDM and MQM associated with Y in case of IRROPS but not anymore. Still, getting higher priority for upgrades for sure.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Well, my experience is you get the usual paid/flown.
During IRROPS i'm re-booked in Y but it shows Paid / Flown (ex K / Y) and I get the miles MQM associated with the original booking.

Years ago (>2 years at least), I used to get the bonus RDM and MQM associated with Y in case of IRROPS but not anymore. Still, getting higher priority for upgrades for sure.
Yes, many people here still don't seem to understand that booking inventory and fare classes are two completely different things. Just because someone is booked in Y class doesn't mean they paid a Y fare or will get credit for a Y fare. Same thing with people who buy F. Usually people who by a F seat (domestically) are actually paying an A or P fare.

The reason agents rebook people in Y is because it's faster. You'll always have Y inventory (if any seats are available). Otherwise you have to check levels, and hope you can book the last seat in K before another agent does.

Now, I can't say for sure how DL's upgrade list works (i.e. car dealer math), but it *should* look at the fare code in the ETKT and not the booked inventory.

Actually, back in the olden days, everything was booked in Y and then when the pricing command was given it would adjust to the lowest fare/inventory available.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Last year in Oct and Nov it happened twice to me. On a delayed oct ATL/DTW flight the skyclub booked me directly into first on another flight and I received the 50% bonus miles, unfortunately it was only 250 miles, but in November my DTW/LAS flight was really delayed and the GA for the next flight said he would book me directly into the F cabin and the boarding pass showed an F fareclass and received 1749 bonus MQM's on a sLUT fare.
I was booked directly into F on an IRROPS booking last week (not the same one as mentioned above, it was a *bad* travel week). It shows X/F as paid/flown, and there are no bonus MQMs.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by gooselee
Right or wrong, I'm not sure that it's enough of an incentive for everyone to try rebooking to flights that might get IRROP'd. Your UG priority doesn't change because you've SDC'd or something like that, only if the flight you're booked on has some sort of delay or cancellation.

And at least in my case, I'm usually more interested in getting where I'm going than I am in sitting around for hours just for some marginally better chance of an UG.

Who's taking bets on mbwmbw "receiving" one of these letters in his own name a few weeks after a scan is posted somewhere?

Friendly jokes aside, I wouldn't post it if I were OP. Don't really see what value it adds as OP has already provided most of the relevant details, including the stamp/postmark.
Thank you. Could not have said it better myself.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Please provide scan of letter.
LOL.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DougSkymiles
This hasn't been my experience. I have been rebooked into Y due to IRROPS three times over the past year and every time I was credited with flying Y, not my original booking class (usually a S,L,U,T fare)
I have not seen that happen in a couple of years.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
A few weeks ago, I was rebooked into Y after missing a connection. Put me to the top of the u/g list (still missed by 1) but miles posted as T/Y.

However, in December I was rebooked directly into F after IRROPS and got the class of service bonus; the miles posted as A/A. Seems like it's really hit or miss...

As a DM dropping to PM this year, I have ZERO problem with DL extending the OP's status. I flew 123 MQS' and 96,523 MQM's last year on $10,974 in spend. For someone to have over 19k MQD's and receive significantly fewer benefits than me is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.