Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why is DL's HOU / IAH Service So Lacking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by uavking
It's a pretty easy five minutes. The killer, though, is the odd hours that never really seem to match what KLM publishes on its own website. Especially when there's only one flight departing to AMS and it closes pretty early (3 PM, I think?)
Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
KLM recently extended the hours of the club in D (something like 10-7). This makes it much better.
You're right: Priority Pass http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...rt-Lounges.cfm claims it's open from 10-6 daily now. That's a bit of an IAH game changer; thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:17 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I would disagree, I think post Wright Amendment, you will see DL take a big presence at Dallas-Love. They have already announced some months back an increase of daily flights into/out of Love field starting October 2014.
That's still pending whether or not they can get gates at DAL. If they are able to make that succeed, perhaps they might try something similar at HOU.

I think the main focus at DL is maintaining profitability and some strategic growth at places like SEA. If the industry remains stable and DL remains profitable, you might see some experiments like expanding at HOU. DL management seems to be approaching growth conservatively which, given the way profits in the industry can turn into losses very quickly, may not be a bad strategy.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
KLM recently extended the hours of the club in D (something like 10-7). This makes it much better.
Hmmmm. I've never tried it before (I never thought it worth the trouble), but now I'm curious. I'm there quite a few times per year -- may have to check it out next weekend.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:02 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
As a DL SkyClub member I have never encountered any difficulty entering the amazing KL lounge at IAH---it really blows domestic SCs out of the water.
Don't give that away, the KLM Crown Lounges actually have real food and real alcohol, and you know how SkyClub members are...

Originally Posted by us2
That's still pending whether or not they can get gates at DAL. If they are able to make that succeed, perhaps they might try something similar at HOU.
I don't think DL needs to waste their time with Hobby or Love Field. The dissolution of the Wright Amendment should be enough to improve fares out of Dallas, in general. The thing that is really lacking from all of Texas is service to the West Coast and Asia/Pac. That means growing SEA and adding direct flights SEA-IAH, DFW, AUS. Flights operated by Alaska or through Salt Lake don't really count, as has been discussed, for various reasons, and is essentially the reason why DL is building a hub there. Let's hope it works out.

Last edited by cfw; Feb 6, 2014 at 2:08 pm
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

interesting. I usually go to C anyway for PreCheck since the hours are so limited for it in A. there is a wine bar I really like though in C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.