Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any other DM's waiting to choose Choice Benefits to select new options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any other DM's waiting to choose Choice Benefits to select new options?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I fly virtually all my miles internationally these days. I'm selecting GU and my boss has a clear understanding that I will do whetever I can do to find opportunites to use them including midweek and odd time departures but, IF THERE IS NO AVAILABLE INVENTORY, I will buy BE.

I have the lowest of expectations that I will use any of the GU certificates and Delta will win - except for when their competitors have better prices and options for their equivalents to BE.

My expectations are not great
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by SeoulGold
Waiting to try the new certs. No travel scheduled before 1 March. Losing unused two SWUs that expire this month.
I'm losing all six SWU's from last year. I usually use 4 a year on K+ fares (mostly between LAX and ATL) but this year they added the three lower fare classes which moved prices all up -- so what was a K fare last year is an L fare this year, so no SWU. When I checked out a K fare it turns out a G was not a whole lot more so I burned some SM and bought up. I would not have chosen the SWUs if I had know what they were going to do, but that is par with Delta.

I also would have done this year's choice benefits differently if I had know about the GMUs.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Under: GLOBAL UPGRADE TERMS & CONDITIONS

Item #10:

Airport Standby: If an upgrade for the SkyMiles member and companion (if applicable) is not confirmed from the reservation waitlist at least three hours prior to departure, then the SkyMiles member and companion may request to be placed on the Airport Standby List, provided that request is made no less than 60 minutes prior to flight departure. Passengers on the Airport Standby List will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Airport standby is not available on Air France or KLM operated flights as well as Delta operated flights originating from AMS, BOM and CDG.
Is it stated anywhere what DL's priority rules are for these things?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it stated anywhere what DL's priority rules are for these things?
Not that I've seen. Surely, you don't expect information to be transparent, to you?

Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Not that I've seen. Surely, you don't expect information to be transparent, to you?

One can only hope.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
T&C say for 2014 CB, I can select til 2015. If DL takes them away I will be furious. I doubt they will though.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, Emirates Silver
I am waiting to select 2014 Diamond and Platinum benefits. Have to book trips to Europe and Africa in mid and late year. Hopefully Ill be able to use the upgrades on international flights.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Waiting for the new GUs and RUs for both my DM and PM choice benefits
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:47 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Thanks for posting, got it. For the new Global certs, no waitlist or standby for AF/KL (just like old SWU’s). However, unlike the old certs, now if you don’t clear by T-3 hrs with DL, you are sol if flying from AMS/BOM/CDG. Weird rule.
At least in AMS, the SWU's on the airport standby list never really worked properly.

So, perhaps, instead of FIXING the problem, they just decided to eliminate the airport standby list. Not exactly the best solution, but I guess, it's a solution. (we can't really complain about not clearing on the airport standby list with an upgrade instrument, if the "feature" is no longer available)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.