Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
I thought Delta Points was employed by Delta Airlines!
You are far from correct; rather it's a source of for people at DAL HQ
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Hey, I'm normally not opposed to posting and/or linking to other sites on FT...but I know there is some trepidation, and there is at least one TalkBoard member from MSP who adamantly says one should not click on links posted on FT. The jaded side of me is also suspect of folks who have blogs then link back to comments on external sites just for SEO or to churn click-thrus. Perhaps you could cut/paste whatever content you wish to share? Because thus far it just seems to be...hey, kids, the airline changes schedules.
^^
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by cessna172rspilot
I have an award ticket in FC booked for Superbowl Weekend to Vegas. My arrival has been delayed by an hour. After I read the "terms" of what qualifies for a change with no fee, I believe I should be "eligible." I called Medallion line and ultimately talked about options and the rep said I could do it online as well because I was not sure which option I wanted.

When I try to change it online it quotes the new price in miles and says I need to pony up an additional 45k in miles. This is frustrating....
The website will try to charge you for changing flights even after a schedule change that makes you eligible for a free change. Best way to do it is to just choose whatever flights you want (keeping origin, destination, and date of travel the same, and not violating routing rules) and call to get switched on to it.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles. If not, hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles. If not, hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles.
Somebody else asked how long it was delayed by but not sure how to "double quote." The flight arrival time was delayed by 1 hr 29 min. The LAX-LAS leg was on mainline A319/320. It has now been changed to CRJ 900 Operated by: SkyWest DBA Delta Connection. So, I definitely should be able to change.

I guess I'll get the two options I want and start agent roulette!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 7:27 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
I'm impressed with Delta. Had a timechange and the transit time at ATL shrinked down to about 30mins. I tweeted DL if this is still sufficient enough and without further asking they have rebooked me to a different connection!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Hey, I'm normally not opposed to posting and/or linking to other sites on FT...but I know there is some trepidation, and there is at least one TalkBoard member from MSP who adamantly says one should not click on links posted on FT. The jaded side of me is also suspect of folks who have blogs then link back to comments on external sites just for SEO or to churn click-thrus. Perhaps you could cut/paste whatever content you wish to share? Because thus far it just seems to be...hey, kids, the airline changes schedules.
The FT'er I quoted had no issue even thanked me. I edited post #1 here to HT him. Perhaps you should look inward on this matter and there is a "blog bashing board" on FT for this kind of topic. I was on topic.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...resources-723/

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 24, 2013 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by kaaria
Is it me or did they get rid of all Sat night red eyes from SAN in the winter? I looked Jan 18 and Feb 8 specifically and do not see any.
I am noticing the same issue that the flight 1792 10:50 out of SAN to ATL is missing and thats my normal flight????
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
I sure hope this will load soon and I can get a free re-routing for the terribly convoluted trip I have in June
no schedule changes for me where is Delta when you need a change
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Delta Points
The FT'er I quoted had no issue even thanked me. I edited post #1 here to HT him. Perhaps you should look inward on this matter and there is a "blog bashing board" on FT for this kind of topic. I was on topic.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...resources-723/
I wasn't familiar w the focus of the External Miles and Points Resources forum but will surely check it out, thanks for the link.

Looking inward, I stand by my assertion that if one provides a link that there should be at least a brief summary of what is being linked to vs. just the link, so that others can make the decision if it's worth linking to or not. I try to do that when posting a link myself, knowing that some are hesitant to click through.

Back on topic, time to check on some upcoming trips to see if anything has changed...hopeful all is still in order. ^

Last edited by PRWeezer; Nov 24, 2013 at 10:48 am
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 355F1
Thanks!

I have a couple FAY MRs planned and with the schedules changes I have a 25-minute connection....

Let time I did one of these trips to FAY I literally walked off my ATL-FAY plane and over to the next gate (I was in the FAY airport maybe 60 seconds total) and I was the LAST passenger to board the turn-around flight back to ATL.
Next time, don't rush out of FAYetteville NC! Spend a Thur., Fri. or Sat. night at Paddy's Irish Pub on Raeford Road! Combine it with a semi-mattress run at the Holiday Inn Bordeaux or a nearby Fairfield or Courtyard!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
has anyone had experience of working a flight change to their advantage - ie get booked on a higher fare class? One of my MR now has an illegal connection so I'm wondering if I should wait until a few days before scheduled departure and get booked on a higher fare class.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by ulzimates
has anyone had experience of working a flight change to their advantage - ie get booked on a higher fare class? One of my MR now has an illegal connection so I'm wondering if I should wait until a few days before scheduled departure and get booked on a higher fare class.
Huh? Changing flights due to schedule changes should not result in a higher fare class being re-issued. Instead, the agents can force availability of your previously purchased fare class if it is zeroed out on a given flight.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:23 pm

FWIW I thought I would let anybody know who cares I got my flight changed. I had to play agent roulette twice but a nice agent put me on the non-stop leaving five minutes earlier resulting in approximately a 4.5 hour earlier arrival. Further I'm on a 757. I was on a new 737-900 but after the horror stories of this aircraft I'm happy with the fact of turning left. Plus, no connection.

Thanks Delta
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:27 am

Delta just made yet another schedule change for my trip in April. On Nov 23 they switched SLC-CDG from A332 to B763, today they switched it back to A332 new configuration. Seat assignments stayed the same. Flight now leaves slightly later from SLC and arrives earlier back in SLC, it seems A332 flies faster than B763.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.