Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALERT! Delta has loaded tons of schedule & aircraft changes for 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by suvayanr
is a A/C change from mainline to RJ grounds for a flight change?
My understanding is that this is required by DOT, or at least you have the right to a full refund.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
60+ SCHG in the GDS queue
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I sure hope this will load soon and I can get a free re-routing for the terribly convoluted trip I have in June
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:40 pm
mmc

Programs: DL Diamond, QF Gold
Gah, this has caught me badly. Doing a trip with wife and kids and it's screwed up my careful seat arrangement.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:04 pm

I have an award ticket in FC booked for Superbowl Weekend to Vegas. My arrival has been delayed by an hour. After I read the "terms" of what qualifies for a change with no fee, I believe I should be "eligible." I called Medallion line and ultimately talked about options and the rep said I could do it online as well because I was not sure which option I wanted.

When I try to change it online it quotes the new price in miles and says I need to pony up an additional 45k in miles. This is frustrating....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cessna172rspilot
I have an award ticket in FC booked for Superbowl Weekend to Vegas. My arrival has been delayed by an hour. After I read the "terms" of what qualifies for a change with no fee, I believe I should be "eligible." I called Medallion line and ultimately talked about options and the rep said I could do it online as well because I was not sure which option I wanted.

When I try to change it online it quotes the new price in miles and says I need to pony up an additional 45k in miles. This is frustrating....
Was it delayed by an hour, or by 55 minutes or something like that? The change has to be over a specific amount of time to be able to change it online for free.

I called in this morning and changed a flight because my connection in SLC was shortened from 65 minutes to 43 minutes and I was not comfortable with this for an intl connection (CDG). They changed it for free, and it was an intl F/BE award ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cessna172rspilot

Hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles. If not, hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles. If not, hang up, call back, try again for free no more miles.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Great point. I will add this to my post on the blog and HT you!
Hey, I'm normally not opposed to posting and/or linking to other sites on FT...but I know there is some trepidation, and there is at least one TalkBoard member from MSP who adamantly says one should not click on links posted on FT. The jaded side of me is also suspect of folks who have blogs then link back to comments on external sites just for SEO or to churn click-thrus. Perhaps you could cut/paste whatever content you wish to share? Because thus far it just seems to be...hey, kids, the airline changes schedules.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta SM
Two of my flights booked on MD 88's were switched to A320's (4 fewer seats up front). First class upgrade bait and switch.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Hey, I'm normally not opposed to posting and/or linking to other sites on FT...but I know there is some trepidation, and there is at least one TalkBoard member from MSP who adamantly says one should not click on links posted on FT. The jaded side of me is also suspect of folks who have blogs then link back to comments on external sites just for SEO or to churn click-thrus. Perhaps you could cut/paste whatever content you wish to share? Because thus far it just seems to be...hey, kids, the airline changes schedules.
Worth noting, for those who don't want to click through...

Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Silver, SPG P+
They cancelled my direct return flight from LAS-CVG. Now I've got a 40 minute connection through DTW that I'm none too happy about since the DTW-CVG leg is a CRJ. Think they will change it for free? My wife is on a companion cert.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
Worth noting, for those who don't want to click through...

I thought Delta Points was employed by Delta Airlines!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by heldicus
They cancelled my direct return flight from LAS-CVG. Now I've got a 40 minute connection through DTW that I'm none too happy about since the DTW-CVG leg is a CRJ. Think they will change it for free? My wife is on a companion cert.
Yes, if for no other reason than CRJs are operated by a different airline - if the operating carrier changes, you're already entitled to a full refund. Since they'd rather keep the money, they'll rebook you to anything (even remotely) reasonable you'd care to suggest. Check out your options, have your ideal flight(s) ready, and then call.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Is it me or did they get rid of all Sat night red eyes from SAN in the winter? I looked Jan 18 and Feb 8 specifically and do not see any.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Traveller
I thought Delta Points was employed by Delta Airlines!
NO. He's a blogger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.