Programs: Delta PM
+1

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwoman

Factoid to consider...

You're assuming MSPeconomist is a he...

According to my research MSPeconomist is male. There's a chance I am wrong but I feel relatively confident in making that assessment.
Our survey SAYS:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
FO on Non-Rev, BFUG?

A bunch of people have made this thread way more complex than necessary. Bottom line:

1. Award tickets are revenue, not non-rev.

2. FOs aren't eligible for UGs on award tickets. Whether you can finagle one if there is still space after all eligible UGs have cleared, YMMV. But note that in this case a NRSA should actually get a UG before you as they are eligible after all eligible medallion UGs have cleared.

3. MSPeconomist is a woman, and mbwmbw has no shot with her. Try the FAs instead, double diamond DYKWIAs make them weak in the knees.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
FCFL and FCLEL are both eligible for amenities in the event of an IROP as well (I believe- mersk862 correct me if I'm wrong) whereas NRSA/"nonrev" are not.
100% true. As a non-rev, it's good luck to you - there have been times where I've been stuck with IROPS and had to drive to another airport or buy a ZED fare on AirTran to get home. With FCFL/FCFEL, you're the same as a revenue passenger.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HongKonger
A bunch of people have made this thread way more complex than necessary. Bottom line:

1. Award tickets are revenue, not non-rev.

2. FOs aren't eligible for UGs on award tickets. Whether you can finagle one if there is still space after all eligible UGs have cleared, YMMV. But note that in this case a NRSA should actually get a UG before you as they are eligible after all eligible medallion UGs have cleared.

3. MSPeconomist is a woman, and mbwmbw has no shot with her. Try the FAs instead, double diamond DYKWIAs make them weak in the knees.
OP here -- thanks. Although the diversions in the thread have been entertaining, if nothing else.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Do you enjoy making things up as you go?
Have you seen her post count?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
FCFL and FCFEL are essentially the same, they are both "positive space", revenue tickets, with the only exception being that FCFEL doesn't accrue miles and is more restricted- akin to the difference between a YBM (FCFL) and a HQK (FCFEL) fare. I don't know what buckets they actually book into however.

I suspect that the FCFL/FCFEL programs are Delta's way around offering discounts through Delta.com for employees... I'd be willing to bet that it's just a neater and cleaner way to handle things instead of coupon codes etc.
They book into the lowest fare class available. I have experienced Z,I; B,Q,U, and T.
However, you cannot select the fare class (as far as I know); making SWU difficult to use....
Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
FCFL and FCLEL are both eligible for amenities in the event of an IROP as well (I believe- mersk862 correct me if I'm wrong) whereas NRSA/"nonrev" are not.
That's correct. I'm not sure about NRPS, but I suspect they are (though it might not matter).
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sethb
That's correct. I'm not sure about NRPS, but I suspect they are (though it might not matter).
kinda surprised to see you replying to an almost-5-year-old thread
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
FYI when they did not used to allow upgrades on Amex companion certs, me and my travel companion were upgraded when flying on Christmas morning after we asked nicely. I noticed that F was half empty and there were just a couple names on the upgrade list.

We asked at the Sky Priority check in counter and the agent was being very nice and made some comment about it being a holiday gift. She also turned to the other agent who was standing right there and said "you didn't see this" as she processed the upgrade. We were a PM and GM. I would not ever expect this, but also know that it's possible.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jrl767
kinda surprised to see you replying to an almost-5-year-old thread
Something brought the thread to my attention, and I didn't notice the dates. What difference does it make, anyway?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sethb
Something brought the thread to my attention, and I didn't notice the dates. What difference does it make, anyway?
The info is outdated and other readers now think this is a current discission/info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.