Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit in 'MyDelta' - what can I do with it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I have an Ecredit that shows up in my account for around $80 that I think is from an nonrefundable ticket I bought but never took last winter. Under 'terms' it says 'To redeem, you will need the Ticket Number' - do they mean the number from the ticket which resulted in the credit, or what?

Can I only use this to buy another ticket, or is it possible to use this kind of Ecredit toward other things like upgrading to a preferred seat or buying a skyclub pass or something?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
If it was from a nonrefundable ticket, you will have to pay the $150 change fee when you go to use it toward another ticket. So it's really a -$70 dollar ecredit!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamOF
If it was from a nonrefundable ticket, you will have to pay the $150 change fee when you go to use it toward another ticket. So it's really a -$70 dollar ecredit!
ha well that's not ideal, I was hoping to do something cool with it
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
No, I don't think this is true. The $80 credit should already have the fee deducted from it.

When you re-book using that credit, the receipt looks like they charged you a change fee, but it's showing the change fee that was deducted from the ticket you never flew.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by campbe79
No, I don't think this is true. The $80 credit should already have the fee deducted from it.

When you re-book using that credit, the receipt looks like they charged you a change fee, but it's showing the change fee that was deducted from the ticket you never flew.
+1. This is how my cancelled tix have worked in the past.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by campbe79

Interesting. Recently, I definitely had a $X credit show up that I had to call in to rebook. They then deducted the fee leaving me with $X-150.

But clearly sometimes it doesn't work that way, which would be nice for the OP!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Interesting. Recently, I definitely had a $X credit show up that I had to call in to rebook. They then deducted the fee leaving me with $X-150.

But clearly sometimes it doesn't work that way, which would be nice for the OP!
bizarre....i've never had it work like that for my cancelled tickets
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
bizarre....i've never had it work like that for my cancelled tickets
Clearly I'm in the minority here—don't know why it worked that way for me...OP, sorry for giving you misleading info.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Clearly I'm in the minority here—don't know why it worked that way for me...OP, sorry for giving you misleading info.
no worries, and thanks for the input everyone

so is there any chance I can use it for something other than buying a fare? I'm flying soon and the ticket is paid for so it would be cool if i could put it toward an economy plus (or whatever delta calls it) upgrade, or skyclub pass, or something like that
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by forcekin
no worries, and thanks for the input everyone

so is there any chance I can use it for something other than buying a fare? I'm flying soon and the ticket is paid for so it would be cool if i could put it toward an economy plus (or whatever delta calls it) upgrade, or skyclub pass, or something like that
IME, if the credit is from a cancelled fare, it must be used toward another fare. If it was from a nonrefundable ticket, I believe what you're actually techncially doing is changing your original ticket and using the credit from the original ticket, minus a change fee, toward future travel - it's just that you're making the decision on what you're changing the ticket TO at the same time that you're deciding not to use the original ticket.

In short, the credit represents value already paid and available toward airfare, and not some sort of liquid currency that can be applied to other items.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.