Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight changes permitted after schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat

I have a set of 4 award tickets (for my family, I'm not flying), and there was a schedule change of about 1.5 hours.

The website is allowing us to change flights without charge because of this, but it isn't offering the flights I want. I don't /need/ these changes, but I was hoping we'd be able to arrange for an "extended layover" in a hub.

Basically, they have been booked on

AAA-MSP-BBB

And I'd like them to go AAA-SEA-BBB.

AAA-SEA-BBB is a valid routing, and dl.com gives me options for this routing, but it is giving me either two AM flights, or two PM flights. I'd like to fly AM -> SEA (watch mariners game) -> BBB, and would be able to do that if we took the AM flight to SEA, and then a redeye to BBB.

I'm not sure if it's just not offering it to me because it thinks nobody wants an 7 hour layover, or if it's not offering it to me because it's no longer a valid connection?

Thx for advice. I guess I could call, but wanted to have some idea what to expect first.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Suggest that you call and make the changes.
There should be no additional charges even when you call in.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
Domestic layovers are limited to 4 hours or the next available flight, whichever is shorter. That is why delta.com won't show it to you. Domestic award tickets do allow stopovers on a valid routing but I don't know if they'll let you change your tickets to include a stopover because of a schedule change. Others here have a lot of experience changing award tickets so hopefully some of them will chime in.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Domestic layovers are limited to 4 hours or the next available flight, whichever is shorter. That is why delta.com won't show it to you. Domestic award tickets do allow stopovers on a valid routing but I don't know if they'll let you change your tickets to include a stopover because of a schedule change. Others here have a lot of experience changing award tickets so hopefully some of them will chime in.
Thanks -- that's what I was thinking. Then I also looked and found that International permits 24hours. This particular journey is from Canada to the US, though I think that the rules for Canada might still be 4.

Is there some way to get the fare rules for a ticket? The receipt doesn't seem to show them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.