Search

SkyMiles redemption on Aeroflot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:30 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
...any suggestions on how to search Aeroflot metal award availability. DL.com does not appear to do it (unless there are zero award seats for the dozens of dates I tried).

KVS does not appear to cover SU (aeroflot) as far as i can tell.
It sure does (via the [Galileo: ETR] Method):

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#SU
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
I have booked over a dozen awards on SU using DL miles, so it's definitely quite feasible. That said, in my experience there is not a perfect correspondence between award ticket availability as shown on expertflyer.com, and what is actually available to DL.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Wandering Aramean offers a free tool to check SU. If agents can't see inventory, never be afraid to ask them to do a long sell.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
problem booking Aeroflot with skymiles

Looking at JFK - SVO in business. Expertflyer shows 2 seats available in booking code O. Called up Delta and they don't' see it. Do you think that its Delta blocking it/Aeroflot not releasing it to Delta, or just an agent who doesn't know how to book it?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call back and try giving the agent the exact flight numbers and booking class to look for. If this doesn't work, ask the agent to try a long sell.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
thanks. spoke to 3 agents and none could see it. i gave them exact flights and booking codes. finally switched to int'l reissue and the agent was able to see it.

was trying to add an alitalia flight in there - intra europe - but the agent couldn't book it. i think i read somewhere that you can not book alitalia intra europe with sky miles. is that the case?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ekartash
thanks. spoke to 3 agents and none could see it. i gave them exact flights and booking codes. finally switched to int'l reissue and the agent was able to see it.

was trying to add an alitalia flight in there - intra europe - but the agent couldn't book it. i think i read somewhere that you can not book alitalia intra europe with sky miles. is that the case?
There's nothing in the rules that precludes booking AZ intraEU with DL miles.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I haven't had any problems using SM on SU, but remember to get your SU code to call SU and select seat assignments.

Last edited by Xeno; Feb 17, 2013 at 7:19 pm
Old Feb 17, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by ekartash

They need to long sell AZ space, and it seems that there are some issues with when exactly the long sell happens. Try weekdays.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; former CO Gold; HHonors Gold
SkyMiles redemption on Aeroflot

I find Y availability (JFK-SVO-EVN) on Wandering Aramean and when I call the Platinum desk to book, they see it too. But they say they can't actually book the flights. Something about No Sell. The very nice agents (2 so far) don't know what to do about it. Anyone know of a workaround?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL GM
It's been discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russi...tlantic-4.html
There were some troubles with TATL award flights. However it's been reported recently that everything's fine now (see thread).
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I didn't have a problem getting O or X if I wanted it for HKG-SVO-LED then MSQ-SVO-HKG. Of course, EF comes through every time.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by naranjero
It's been discussed here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russi...tlantic-4.html
There were some troubles with TATL award flights. However it's been reported recently that everything's fine now (see thread).
Thanks for the referral. I'm not sure this is the same problem, as outside tools (in my case Wandering Aramean) and the Delta agent's system both show availability, but the Delta agents can't actually book the "available" seats.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:19 pm

Third time's a charm, I guess. I was able to book at last.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:19 pm

Using Skymiles for Aeroflot Travel... need some clarification.

Today I booked a trip from SVO to IAD and back in June. They had a pretty good stock of the awards seats, specifically in business class. They priced it at 125000. Now I usually always fly between JFK and SVO for 100K. So the question is, did they increase the award travel price or is it that SVO to IAD is just more miles?

If someone would be so king to explain this to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.