Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Airline Partner Mileage Accrual Updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Partner Mileage Accrual Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
SkyTeam drifts apart, there is no alliance at all.

There is no consistency in SkyTeam, and hasn't been for a while, but this really takes it to the extreme. When non-SkyTeam partners are providing what should be assumed with SkyTeam members, it's clear the fundamental consumer purpose of the alliance is no longer relevant. That being the case can the alliance be relevant? I don't think so.

With SkyTeam making this statement on their website: "Frequent Flyer Miles

Join the frequent flyer program of any SkyTeam member airline and you’ll earn frequent flyer miles towards Elite status. The more you fly, the quicker you’ll enjoy Priority Check-in, Preferred Seating and lounge access."

Who would like to file suit for making false claims?

Last edited by transportbiz; Jun 4, 2013 at 3:08 pm
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL GM
Cmon, delta!
1st of March was a disaster, but now you're going to drop partner earnings even lower! KE and SU as example. And recent problems with AF, SU award availability? Is this suckteam or what?! What's next - reduced earnings on DL flights?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by naranjero
What's next - reduced earnings on DL flights?
I for one fully expect that to happen soon.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
We’ve made some updates to clarify benefits across our airline partners.
Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

So which is now the worse scheme? Delta or Flying Blue? It's a close call and I can't wait to see the next clarification in this race to the bottom!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Today marks the beginning of the end of SkyTeam, at least as we know it.

I'm so glad I switched to 90% United about 18 months ago. It was a very difficult decision at the time, but with each semi-monthly devaluation announcement from Delta, UA / Star Alliance just looks better and better.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by dw
Glad this was announced now. I have actually been contemplating switching over to DL from AA for 2014 (living in NY, they just have so many non-stop options now)... but I travel frequently to parts of Asia that are not reachable by US carriers (have been relying on CX), and was considering DL and KE in their entirety. Obviously, this changes my calculus significantly.

^ - and AA Domestic coverage out of NY is only getting better with USAir in the fold. No matter what horrid things USAir does to AAdvantage - hard to imagine it being worse than this. I have choice between Delta and AA - and was considering the DL nonstop advantage, but guess I am doubling down on AA.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
This is ridiculous. It has now gotten to a point that I CRINGE every time I get an email from delta about a new 'enhancement.' I already switched most of my business to AA, but this is just another devaluation. It's sad really.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:09 pm

There are Some Silver Linings to the Otherwise Cloudy Picture

Aeromexico: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 75% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.

GOL: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 30% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.

Virgin Australia: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 50% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Aeromexico
GOL
Virgin Australia
This is all about DL's bottom line and steering customers to partner airlines they have deeper (financial) relationships with. There's the JV with Virgin Australia, and I believe DL has made investments in both Aeromexico and GOL?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:14 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
What I take issue with here is the lack of clarity - the e-mail they sent to members stated this:

"In short, we have 25+ partners, and each airline determines its level of participation."

I have difficulty that a Skyteam carrier would say to another: "you cannot reward your own members with miles toward qualification status while traveling on our metal" while still providing actual base miles for the same trip.

All I'm saying is it smells fishy and sounds like a cop out. But what else should we expect from DL?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by shaown
^ - and AA Domestic coverage out of NY is only getting better with USAir in the fold. No matter what horrid things USAir does to AAdvantage - hard to imagine it being worse than this. I have choice between Delta and AA - and was considering the DL nonstop advantage, but guess I am doubling down on AA.
To quote Han Solo "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!"
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dw
This is all about DL's bottom line and steering customers to partner airlines they have deeper (financial) relationships with. There's the JV with Virgin Australia, and I believe DL has made investments in both Aeromexico and GOL?
Yes they did... And that is exactly what this is about. It's the new clique within SkyTeam (and outside of it in the case of VA and Gol)
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
How does DL expect us to get to places in Asia and Australia; especially those of us who are based in Europe? If I want to get to Australia, VA is the only airline I could fly with full MQM, and I'd have to change in CDG, AMS, PRG or FCO, and then again in AUH. I was looking forward to the "enhanced" partnership with VS, but now I am at a loss. Where can I go as a LON based flyer who doesn't want to join BA Executive Club?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
1. How can Delta continue to market itself to international business travelers without giving any MQM credit for destinations in SE Asia (at least those reachable only by KE)?

2. Aside from the specific issues with KE, the whole thing is too complicated. Now when I'm planning an international trip, in addition to all the other things I have to look at, I will need to come back to this chart to be sure I'm going to get MQM credit.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by dw
Just got an e-mail from DL outlining the new chart. Love what it says at the bottom (and it pretty much confirms our suspicions of the real reason behind the changes... which is to enhance DL's own revenue):

WAYS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR MILEAGE CREDIT:

- Fly Delta flights (flight numbers that begin with DL)
- Fly any partner airline from "Group 1"
- Fly Delta-marketed flights on any airline partner (partner flight numbers that begin with DL)
- Fly AA/UA and Oneworld/Star Alliance

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Aeromexico: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 75% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.

GOL: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 30% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.

Virgin Australia: After 9/1, some discounted fares that now earn 50% RDMs and MQMs are now up to 100%. You get at least 100% RDMs and MQMs on all fares.
In the words of Carnac the Magnificent:

"What are 3 airlines I have no intention of flying?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.