Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Airline Partner Mileage Accrual Updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Partner Mileage Accrual Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stimpy
No. Sorry I including CX under etcetera along with AY. QF has said to heck with Oneworld when it comes to EMEA. EK is their only partner.
I just went to book on qantas.com for a flight from SYD to DEL later this month, and the first and cheapest option that shows up is SYD-HKG-DEL QF127 + CX697.

The other options it showed involved QF+AI.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HongKonger
But isn't that what FB members earn on AF metal in those fare classes too?

I have no doubt DL is going to squeeze MQM earnings even on their own published fares, and soon. Matching AF's chart is a reasonable guess as to what it will look like. But if anyone has genuine info it would be great for TATL flyers (rarely me) to get it ASAP.
DL management being so paranoid about leaks in this area, who knows what games they may be trying to play.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I just went to book on qantas.com for a flight from SYD to DEL later this month, and the first and cheapest option that shows up is SYD-HKG-DEL QF127 + CX697.

The other options it showed involved QF+AI.
DEL is not EMEA. It wouldn't make sense to fly to Dubai and then back to DEL.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I really have to wonder why DL and KE's relationship appears to be going south. It's not like DL got JL to go to ST all those years ago.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
DEL is not EMEA. It wouldn't make sense to fly to Dubai and then back to DEL.
Some (but not most) companies actually have the split for EMEA to include Asia but not Africa; however, indeed most do not.

Well, QF does still sell SYD-LHR-DME on QF1+BA233, whether that makes sense or not too. At least with earning of elite status miles, going out of the way may make a little more sense at least when it is not a lot more money. DL announced it is eliminating earning status miles on all KE operated flights. QF hasn't announced such a thing with regard to BA or any other OW airlines' operated flight.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Now that some sort of bad news is coming out of Virginia Ave on about a 2 week cycle (this thread being devoted to just the most recent), let me remind folks of

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...save+sky+miles

Towards the end (effective death) of that thread, I was trying to suggest some structure for a path forward and received no response in support. So be it.

The "tough love" assessment has to be that most of you good people do not have the fortitude to stand up for yourselves or, perhaps, feel that repeatedly returning here for mutual electronic commiseration is an effective substitute for action.

I still submit that those choosing to show their disdain for DL management by exiting to another airline will meet someone in the revolving door, on the way in from another airline. Net effect... zilch.

Now, I am 4 or 5 years away from ceasing frequent business travel. I will then buy a motor home, travel the US, and wear a wry smile on my face every time I see an airplane passing overhead.

But, others of you are still in this for the long haul.

If you do not mount some active resistance to this BS, you will likely continue to see semimonthly deterioration of SkyMiles... until there is little else left to lose.

Your choice.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Jun 5, 2013 at 8:42 am
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:34 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Calchas
Well for one thing FlyingBlue members now earn zero miles and zero qualifying segments on deep discount fares on DL-numbered flights. (Specifically X, V, Z and G fares.)

Calling this débâcle a "plan" would be stretching the English language too far though.
This isn't really new though...I don't know the history of Flying Blue, but I do know that BA and LH have long given little or no status credit when flying cheap fares (even on their own metal), whereas in the US it has always been standard to get full credit even on the cheapest coach fares. It would be a shame, from a passenger perspective, if the US carriers moved in the European direction here, and thus far competitive pressure has kept them from doing so. But historically Europe and the US have had very different customs, so there's no reason to panic based solely on what Flying Blue is doing. Indeed there would be vastly more reason to panic if UA started doing it.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by colerc
but I do know that BA and LH have long given little or no status credit when flying cheap fares (even on their own metal), whereas in the US it has always been standard to get full credit even on the cheapest coach fares.
It is changing now:

SK now gives 100% credit even for the lowest fares. The same is with TK. Even BA is now crediting 100% miles for the lowest fares (but EQM points still vary based on the fare flown).

European carriers now treat FF programs as the most powerful weapon against the LCC expansion (as Ryanair and other LCC's still do not have any FF program).
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Africa?

JV = Junior Varsity?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by GrizShel
EMEA = Europe, Middle East and Africa?
Correct.
Originally Posted by GrizShel
JV = Junior Varsity?
Joint venture.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This post is very confusing. From your words and the itinerary LAX-ICN, I assume you mean Korean airlines. However, if so, your use of the two letter abbreviations for the carrier is incorrect:

KE = Korean

KL = KLM

AFAIK KLM flights still earn DL MQMs. Moreover, it would be quite strange to route from LAX to ICN via AMS except for a MR or as part of a RTW.
Yes... My bad. The comparison I made was only for Korean only.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Spiff
CodeshAAres still earn 100%, regardless of fare class.
Aren't they more expensive than non-codeshare flights? Along the same lines you can book a DL codeshare on KE metal and get full MQM.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
FB not earning on E and perhaps V and X fares I can understand, but I think some people are still hoping that having G (deeply discounted FC) and Z (deeply discounted BE) not appear on the earning list can be attributed to the recent fare class alignment where FB hasn't yet caught up with DL. Until recently G and Z were upgrade inventory classes.
Actually, this is the whole reason none of them earn. FB were caught by surprise when the DL changed their fare codes. FB were also surprised when MU changed their codes and continue to award 125% for deep-discount Z fares (formerly business).

Some people have successfully appealed to the right agents and got their V/X/Z flights credited. I have not been so lucky, and have simply been met with "It's not in the table so you're out of luck" at every turn.

Z was added to the table last week. G, X and V are still being considered by management (according to a dragon) but it doesn't look good (according to Twitter).

Originally Posted by HongKonger
But isn't that what FB members earn on AF metal in those fare classes too?
No. The same fare code at the same price on the same flight earns 25% and is a qualifying segment on KL and AF flights. However, occasionally I need to fly on a DL-marketed flight thanks to the wonderful Fly America Act. Also to get the flights numbered by their AF or KL codeshares you have to call ... which is a pain.

It is true that some AF flights ("MiNi" fares and some ex-LCY fares) do not earn miles or count as a segment. This is a recent irritation and another good reason to switch to oneworld.

Originally Posted by colerc
I do know that BA and LH have long given little or no status credit when flying cheap fares (even on their own metal)
Perhaps once, but not now. BA now gives (at least) the bigger of 100% or 500 miles on every paid flight. It also gives 100% on every AA marketed flight. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Any of the AA/OneWorld and UAL/Star Alliance fans want to save us?

DL/SkyTeam... KE and few other ST air partners are poking holes in the system.

"Mayday! Mayday! Delta fanboys are need to be saved. We lost all our commutation and respect with RA desk and Delta SkyClub! They taken our Fruit Loops and Nerf toys away! The Sandbox is flooded with Jet-A fuel! Mayday!

"Mayday! Mayday! Anyone at DL Techops can hear us!! We need help. All tray tables don't stay up. All DL FA are serving us Kool-aid in Dixie cups in First Class."

"Mayday! Mayday! DL Award calendar is falling apart. We lost the major warp engines running DL website!"
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If you do not mount some active resistance to this BS, you will likely continue to see semimonthly deterioration of SkyMiles... until there is little else left to lose.

Your choice.
Well said. I notice people rationalizing whenever an airline makes an unfavorable change. Some even criticize those who criticize the change (as happenes whenever I criticize YQ). But such criticism is bearing fruits. DL has reduced the number of partners who charge YQ and AF has reduced YQ on economy class awards. AF & BA have taken off YQ (?) on domestic European flights.

Unless airlines are boycotted and heavily criticized they will continue the abuse especially as competition reduces. So advise all your friends never to invest in DL miles. Criticise DL on Facebook like I have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.