Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 10:59 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Great news, but a lot of additional TSA check points operational at T4 would be greatly appreciated as well: when I went through T4 screening last Thursday afternoon it was an absolute zoo with incredibly long lines that moved at glacial speed through no more than a handful checkpoints that were open. Adding a lot of gates at T4 won't make those lines any shorter unless a lot of the checkpoint lines are open.
Ideally once T3 closes, all of the TSA and CBP officers currently staffing that terminal will be relocated to T4 to beef up its often inadequate checkpoint areas...but we will see.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:34 am
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Great news. Starting tomorrow can we check in for all Delta JFK flights (including those departing out of Terminal 2) in T4 and use precheck?

Now Delta needs to focus on extending the A pier of T4 so we can finally get all delta ops under one roof, something AA has had for years.
Yes - you can check in at T4 for all Delta JFK flights.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC
Thanks.

This sounds like T2/3 isn't going to get PreCheck. Is that correct? So for the indefinite future, people with PreCheck should go to T4 regardless of the gate assignment for their flights and then take the airside bus if needed to get to T2/3.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks.

This sounds like T2/3 isn't going to get PreCheck. Is that correct? So for the indefinite future, people with PreCheck should go to T4 regardless of the gate assignment for their flights and then take the airside bus if needed to get to T2/3.
T3 is getting shut down, and T2 will be the redheaded stepchild...I don't see Pre-Check going in.

The T4 to T2 bus ride is LONG. You will probably need to budget 20-30 minutes to account for missing a bus. I know DL says they will run frequently, but that never really works great.

Even without Pre-Check I don't see that checking in at T4 and busing it to T2 makes sense
Old May 23, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will TSA let passengers departing from T2 use the T4 PreCheck?
Old May 23, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
T2 is where I've started almost all of my flying for the last 8 years. With SP and expedited security I don't think it's ever taken me more than 10 minutes, no matter the time of day, from arrival to clearing past security. Maybe I just have extraordinarily good luck, but it's hard to imagine that Precheck at T4, followed by the bus to T2, is going to save any time at all.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ryanm
T2 is where I've started almost all of my flying for the last 8 years. With SP and expedited security I don't think it's ever taken me more than 10 minutes, no matter the time of day, from arrival to clearing past security. Maybe I just have extraordinarily good luck, but it's hard to imagine that Precheck at T4, followed by the bus to T2, is going to save any time at all.
You have indeed been very lucky. For me, 10 minutes is about the best I've done and I plan on SkyPriority security at T2 taking about 30 minutes. It's further annoying that the barker I keep seeing there yells really loudly.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:22 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

More good news! There will be a pre check lane at T2 as well. They're working on calibrating the machines so it may not be active tomorrow, but it will be active in the coming days.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Old May 23, 2013, 2:25 pm

More good news! There will be a pre check lane at T2 as well. They're working on calibrating the machines so it may not be active tomorrow, but it will be active in the coming days.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
This is very good news. Thank you.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC
Saw Anderson on Charlie Rose today on PBS. Not sure when it was recorded.

I will say that the improvements that T4 will bring over time will be extremely meaningful and so far travelers will indeed get a better experience.

We will see how many 717 and 737-900ER's wind up at JFK and/or LGA.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:52 am

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

No precheck today at T4. Notwithstanding this thread.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma
Was there at least a SkyPriority line?
Old May 24, 2013, 6:29 am

I think so. I wasn't there. I was advised by a friend who was misdirected to T2 and then had a huge (very huge) line for the shuttle to T4. I advised (my big mistake!!) to go landside to T4 rather than wait for shuttle since there was now Precheck at T4. She advised from T4 that there was no precheck, but she made it through pretty quickly, so I imagine there was SP. (She is in flight and presumably not on wifi. If I hear directly, I will update).

She did say that SC was very nice.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma
There IS a PreCheck at T4...I went through it about 1.5 hours ago....
It took me literally THREE minutes!!!

If you are facing the general security area with your back to the general ticketing area....it is ALL the way to the RIGHT.....

Which is actually good because when you enter T4 the new SkyPriority premium check in area is all the way on the right....so when you leave it to go to security the first thing you will reach is the PreCheck lane.....
Old May 24, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Burj
There IS a PreCheck at T4...I went through it about 1.5 hours ago....
It took me literally THREE minutes!!!

If you are facing the general security area with your back to the general ticketing area....it is ALL the way to the RIGHT.....

Which is actually good because when you enter T4 the new SkyPriority premium check in area is all the way on the right....so when you leave it to go to security the first thing you will reach is the PreCheck lane.....
Great! First hand accounts always more reliable than broken telephone ones!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.