FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   JFK T4 TSA Precheck (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1469437-jfk-t4-tsa-precheck.html)

DLCorpGal May 22, 2013 7:26 pm

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

I know this has been a hot topic, so I wanted to start a new thread to address it (rather than post in the 23 threads where it has been discussed).

When Delta's new JFK T4 opens on 5/24, there WILL be a TSA precheck lane.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC

mersk862 May 22, 2013 7:28 pm

JFK T4 TSA Precheck

Great news!

itsaboutthejourney May 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Great news! (even though I already knew this and had hinted it many times).

Thanks to DLCorpGalNYC for officially telling us and stopping any needless speculation/false info from others.

DCAproducer May 22, 2013 7:50 pm

^
Good to hear

adamj023 May 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 20795878)
Great news! (even though I already knew this and had hinted it many times).

Thanks to DLCorpGalNYC for officially telling us and stopping any needless speculation/false info from others.

Not surprised in the least bit.

NYCflip May 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Yes! Can't wait to fly out on May 24! Would love to get the 3 beeps so I can spend a little more time in the new terminal and SC. Thanks!

GW McLintock May 22, 2013 10:03 pm

THANK GOD!

This has got to be one of the best enhancements (:D) in years!

-J.

PHXflier May 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Great news, but a lot of additional TSA check points operational at T4 would be greatly appreciated as well: when I went through T4 screening last Thursday afternoon it was an absolute zoo with incredibly long lines that moved at glacial speed through no more than a handful checkpoints that were open. Adding a lot of gates at T4 won't make those lines any shorter unless a lot of the checkpoint lines are open.

rwoman May 23, 2013 6:22 am

Originally Posted by PHXflier (Post 20796781)
Great news, but a lot of additional TSA check points operational at T4 would be greatly appreciated as well: when I went through T4 screening last Thursday afternoon it was an absolute zoo with incredibly long lines that moved at glacial speed through no more than a handful checkpoints that were open. Adding a lot of gates at T4 won't make those lines any shorter unless a lot of the checkpoint lines are open.

I think that issue may well be the TSA...who will likley blame sequestration.

DLCorpGalNYC - thanks for the update! :)

flyerwma May 23, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

OK, I can't help myself. I know I should just leave this alone at "thank you", but.... If you know it has been a hot topic, and you are aware of the 23 threads on this, why not say something sooner? Why wait until T-2?

Rant over. Thank you.

rwoman May 23, 2013 6:51 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma (Post 20797917)
Thanks very much for the confirmation.

OK, I can't help myself. I know I should just leave this alone at "thank you", but.... If you know it has been a hot topic, and you are aware of the 23 threads on this, why not say something sooner? Why wait until T-2?

Rant over. Thank you.

Um, it's a TSA decision, so perhaps DL had to wait on TSA?! :eek: THIS was mentioned recently by DLCorpGirl in another thread...:rolleyes:

FlyAO2 May 23, 2013 7:10 am

Originally Posted by PHXflier (Post 20796781)

Precheck in T4 is great news!!

For folks without Pre-Check though, it will be interesting to see how security progresses. While each terminal has its own version of amateur hour, T4 has a collection of foreign carriers where many passengers have no clue how the TSA system works. This will likely create extra delays with people bringing non-permitted items through, not knowing procedure, etc.... all this that cause extra delays

TOPGUN750 May 23, 2013 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC (Post 20795834)
I know this has been a hot topic, so I wanted to start a new thread to address it (rather than post in the 23 threads where it has been discussed).

When Delta's new JFK T4 opens on 5/24, there WILL be a TSA precheck lane.

Thanks,
DLCorpGalNYC

Great news. Starting tomorrow can we check in for all Delta JFK flights (including those departing out of Terminal 2) in T4 and use precheck?

Now Delta needs to focus on extending the A pier of T4 so we can finally get all delta ops under one roof, something AA has had for years.

Emirates202 May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Originally Posted by TOPGUN750 (Post 20798052)
Great news. Starting tomorrow can we check in for all Delta JFK flights (including those departing out of Terminal 2) in T4 and use precheck?

Now Delta needs to focus on extending the A pier of T4 so we can finally get all delta ops under one roof, something AA has had for years.

But there are many other airlines that currently fly out of the A pier, so where would they go? It would probably take all of the gates to move all DL ops to T4

GW McLintock May 23, 2013 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Emirates202 (Post 20798355)
But there are many other airlines that currently fly out of the A pier, so where would they go? It would probably take all of the gates to move all DL ops to T4

Terminal 7, or perhaps a future T2/3? I think something like this will happen in the long-long-...-long term.

-J.