Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 SkyClub open?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I was there yesterday afternoon too. Loved the SkyDeck.

Showers at the new SkyClub were pretty good too. Six decent-sized rooms with a commode and a seat for packing/unpacking. My only nit was that the water pressure, particularly in the sink, was pretty weak and the water never got more than warm, nowhere near hot. But that's a pretty minor complaint. The new Club is very spacious, world apart from the dumps in T3.
Ouch
i was actually in the picture, and i am seeing myself in somebody elses post on FT...
would have loved to meet you in person
Your posts on SQ FC have been historical and memorable for me in the past!
Old May 29, 2013, 1:30 am

My only nit was that the water pressure, particularly in the sink, was pretty weak and the water never got more than warm, nowhere near hot. But that's a pretty minor complaint. The new Club is very spacious, world apart from the dumps in T3.
Hmm...that is disturbing as they had this same problem on opening day, so that means they haven't fixed the problem yet!

I hope they fix it soon as I would rather take a HOT shower in the dumpy shower rooms in T2 than a luke-warm, shivering inducing, shower in pretty shower rooms at T4....
Old May 29, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
Ouch
i was actually in the picture, and i am seeing myself in somebody elses post on FT...
Funny. I looked in the pic for myself and thought for a moment I was there, but I'm not. Someone else is standing right where I was for ~90 minutes. Must have missed you and nycflyer75 by a few minutes at most.

Oh, how I miss the days of SQ F awards.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
I was there yesterday afternoon too. Loved the SkyDeck.

Showers at the new SkyClub were pretty good too. Six decent-sized rooms with a commode and a seat for packing/unpacking. My only nit was that the water pressure, particularly in the sink, was pretty weak and the water never got more than warm, nowhere near hot. But that's a pretty minor complaint. The new Club is very spacious, world apart from the dumps in T3.
Ouch
What a great day for photo op
Old May 29, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
I landed in from LAX on the red eye last Friday morning at around 8am forgetting it was now the 24th and grand opening day. We pulled into T4. Balloons everywhere. As I was passing the escalators to the Sky Club, I decided to quickly take a leek and grab a morning brewskie. Place looks great and yes, it was raining but you could see the potential of the outside deck.

Lots of VIPs with plastic cards around their necks. Plenty of lights setup for shoots in different sections. As I was walking toward the escalators I passed Sir Richard wishing him a good morning. On the escalator going down, I passed the other Richard on his way up. Wished him a good day and said casually that I just saw him on the TV on my flight. He said, "I'm sorry about that."

It's a big terminal now and unfortunately, they had our baggage coming out on the A side which made for a long walk. I imagine that the B side baggage area was shut down for dignitaries to make their way in.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
something different I noticed in the skyclub that was interesting: A lot of people were buying food and drinks. I would say half the folks at the bar were handing over credit cards for items. This is not your skyclub of yesterday/.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by avflyer
...I decided to quickly take a leek ...
Did you take some celery, carrots, and olives too?

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Was finishing up my latest TR and thought I would post some more pics...

Lot of seating.

The bar and food area.

Basic DL free food

And cool interactive food options from the new in club menu.

Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
With some great tarmac views.

But the best part of this new club is the outdoor terrace. A great place to be on a beautiful day.

Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
Was finishing up my latest TR and thought I would post some more pics...

Every time I've been there, I've seen people at the bottom of the escalators, poaching the free wifi. Surprised to see a pic with no one on the floor with their laptop.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Every time I've been there, I've seen people at the bottom of the escalators, poaching the free wifi. Surprised to see a pic with no one on the floor with their laptop.
On my last trip through T4 a few days ago, there was a Delta agent stationed at the bottom of the elevator to greet guests. Perhaps his actual purpose was to keep the entrance floor free from Wi-Fi refugees?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
The Sky Club in T2 used to offer better food offerings in the early evenings, around the TATL rush.

Was this stopped when the Sky Club started offering food for purchase?

(Didn't notice when they rolled it out a year or two ago at T2)
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ShopAround
DL used to have a password, or at least make you sign in with your SM number. I guess they ask for this now.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by SFO777

This drives me nuts... people... PUT THE TONGS ON THE TRAY NEXT TO THE SERVING DISH!!

Think of all the dirty hands that touch the tongs -- that guy in the men's room who pulled out his wee wee to urinate, shook it dry, stuffed it back in his pants while scratching the family jewels and walked out of the men's room without washing his hands, well now he wants some carrots... and where did he put the tongs?... in the food!!

Damn commercial flyers... LOL

Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
This drives me nuts... people... PUT THE TONGS ON THE TRAY NEXT TO THE SERVING DISH!!

Think of all the dirty hands that touch the tongs -- that guy in the men's room who pulled out his wee wee to urinate, shook it dry, stuffed it back in his pants while scratching the family jewels and walked out of the men's room without washing his hands, well now he wants some carrots... and where did he put the tongs?... in the food!!

Damn commercial flyers... LOL

Don't worry. No one uses the tongs anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.