FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   JFK T4 SkyClub open? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1469426-jfk-t4-skyclub-open.html)

Krankenfaren May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

JFK T4 SkyClub open?

I'm flying out of T4 tomorrow 5/23. Is the new SC open?

nycflyer75 May 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Krankenfaren (Post 20795606)

The new SkyClub won't open till Friday May 24th

MSPeconomist May 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by nycflyer75 (Post 20795664)
The new SkyClub won't open till Friday May 24th

In the meanitme, can T4 passengers use Oasis as in the past?

DLCorpTeam May 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Not yet, but I was there this morning and can tell you - you are going to LOVE this Club. The Sky Deck is amazing. :)

It will be open on Friday.

nycflyer75 May 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy (Post 20795689)

Not yet, but I was there this morning and can tell you - you are going to LOVE this Club. The Sky Deck is amazing. :)

I am truly excited to try out the sky deck next week shame it won't be on opening day. Flying out on Friday 24 but from LGA boo lol

mersk862 May 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Guess you're just twisting my arm to choose to fly into JFK on Friday instead of my preferred EWR ;)

Looking forward to checking out the new digs Friday though!

MSPeconomist May 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks for stopping by to verify this for us.

However, speaking personally, given my current travel schedule, I'm likely to see the SkyDeck at ATL F before I next connect through JFK. I hope it will be a tough decision between the new T4 SC and Oasis using Priority Pass. I might even start to look for connections through JFK or even aim for JFK rather than LGA when NYC is the destination. I like the new ATL F SC; a SkyDeck will make it even better.

itsaboutthejourney May 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20795671)
In the meanitme, can T4 passengers use Oasis as in the past?

Not unless you have a ticket. Security has already been moved to the central area, making Oasis and the shops airside.

Burj May 22, 2013 7:06 pm

What time on Friday does it open? I checked Delta.com but it doesn't list it yet....(But it does still show the Oasis lounge in T4)

DCAproducer May 22, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm stuck at JFK right now on a delay so I ran into some Delta folks in T2 talking about T4 so we started a conversation. One of them took the shuttle with me to T4 to check it out. Unfortunately you can't go past B30 until Friday.

The DL guy told me the new SkyClub is the largest spanning almost a "football field" (his words) He also said there are power outlets at every seat and the bar is huge.

Back in T2 they are busy unpacking and hanging new signs. All of the T2 gates are getting C designations. Photo here: http://twitter.com/TravelAtRandom/st...006338/photo/1

DLCorpGal May 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 20795759)
What time on Friday does it open? I checked Delta.com but it doesn't list it yet....(But it does still show the Oasis lounge in T4)

The new Sky Club will open on Friday at 5 a.m. It's gorgeous, as is The Sky Deck.

Krankenfaren May 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Well, I fly home from SLC into JFK on Friday, so might have to stop in and sit at this huge bar while sipping on a Gordons Vodka. :p But for tomorrow, why won;t I be able to sue the Oasis lounge? I've used it before with my SC membership.

Burj May 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer (Post 20795765)
Back in T2 they are busy unpacking and hanging new signs. All of the T2 gates are getting C designations. Photo here: http://twitter.com/TravelAtRandom/st...006338/photo/1

Interesting....so if they are in fact going to continue to use T3 for a little while...what does that mean for those gate numbers?

What about the T2 RJ corral? Right now they use numbers and letters...something like 23A-K and 25A-K...will they now be C25A-K?!

Burj May 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC (Post 20795812)
The new Sky Club will open on Friday at 5 a.m. It's gorgeous, as is The Sky Deck.

O.K. great! Thanks for sharing! Really looking forward to seeing it on Friday!

DLCorpGal May 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 20795819)
Interesting....so if they are in fact going to continue to use T3 for a little while...what does that mean for those gate numbers?

What about the T2 RJ corral? Right now they use numbers and letters...something like 23A-K and 25A-K...will they now be C25A-K?!

We are not going to "continue to use T3 for a little while." T3 will close on May 23.