Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 SkyClub open?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Krankenfaren
Cameron Diaz looked like she was enjoying the new T4 SC last night.
Apparently, she was heading to Europe for the Monaco Grand Prix. There is a pic of her at the Monaco Grand Prix. Congratulations to Rico Rosberg for winning the Monaco Grand Prix.
Old May 26, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
At the new T4 SkyDeck now. It's not as busy now and the weather is perfect. This SC is huge. It's nice, better than the new SC at the F Terminal of ATL. I saw that they are building a small SkyDeck at the F Terminal.
Old May 26, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ND76
Really enjoyed your trip report.

With respect to the JFK Jitney, those buses are not nearly as nice as the Cobus 3000 buses that were used to transport pax between Concourses B and C at CVG. I wonder what ever happened to them?
Glad you liked the report!

The Cobus 3000 is the same bus they use at PHL to connect F terminal to the rest of the airport... those are NICE buses! I wonder if they are just too wide to be used at JFK.

The Jitney definitely uses clearly marked "roads" on the tarmac that it shares with A LOT of other airport vehicles. I wonder if those roads are to narrow, or have turns that are too tight, for the Cobus 3000.

Once they move the T4 station to the B20 side of the terminal, and tear down T3....it will be a much shorter "straight shot" across to between T2 and T4 and hopefully on dedicated "roads" so less of this stop and go crap they have now!
Old May 26, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dalat767
+1. Does a new SC have a separate seating area for HVCs?
Not that I saw or that anyone mentioned, but I would be surprised if they did not have some kind of VIP/HVC room discretely hidden away within the Sky Club, maybe right behind the reception desk?
Old May 26, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
Not that I saw or that anyone mentioned, but I would be surprised if they did not have some kind of VIP/HVC room discretely hidden away within the Sky Club, maybe right behind the reception desk?
Probably they let them still use the Oasis Lounge.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
They ran out of the sushi and the California rolls so we ended up ordering the turkey panini. It was good and surprisingly big. It was $14, so not too bad considering the size. I also ordered the house wine and the waiter said they had a pinot noir; turns out it was from the Luxury Bar so it was $9 but it was really good so can't complain Blue Moon, Brooklyn Lager, and another beer are now $3.
Sorry, but don't they charge the average person $50 to enter ($25 with the credit card)?

I 'm appalled they charge anything! How DARE they!!

What the heck is the $50 going towards???

They should take a leaf out of Virgin's book where everything is free. You'd have thought they'd have learnt seeing as they're planning on owning 49% of the airline.

Originally Posted by TexasYankee
CNBC had a few live segments from this new Skyclub this morning ... could not help but the think that it looks just like all the other clubs that have been remodeled. DL says they spent $1.5 billion or so this project but I doubt that much was spent on the club. How impressed will the International Business Class Traveller be when they see the low quality drink and snack selections? The snacks in the Skyclubs are ok if one is starving due to no meals served on planes but 90% of the population should not eat that stuff as it has zero nutritional value.
Thank goodness someone else can see through all this marketing drivel.

I love the idea of an outside viewing deck to watch the planes but it's a real missed opportunity here to stick your neck out in front, and be brave Delta.

I still can't get over the fact the people are paying for membership or per entry for day passes and yet I rail to understand where the is money is actually going to - if not the food or alcohol? I don't get it.

Last edited by Johnny Rocket; May 26, 2013 at 10:15 pm
Old May 27, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Yes, there is a VIP room and it is behind (and to the left) of the reception desk.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Sorry, but don't they charge the average person $50 to enter ($25 with the credit card)?

I 'm appalled they charge anything! How DARE they!!

What the heck is the $50 going towards???

They should take a leaf out of Virgin's book where everything is free. You'd have thought they'd have learnt seeing as they're planning on owning 49% of the airline.

Thank goodness someone else can see through all this marketing drivel.

I love the idea of an outside viewing deck to watch the planes but it's a real missed opportunity here to stick your neck out in front, and be brave Delta.

I still can't get over the fact the people are paying for membership or per entry for day passes and yet I rail to understand where the is money is actually going to - if not the food or alcohol? I don't get it.
Those who aren't DL Corp shills or shareholders call it what it is....
Old May 27, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes, there is a VIP room and it is behind (and to the left) of the reception desk.
Ah that is what I thought...you would want it near the entrance so they can be ushered away without having to parade through the club where they can be seen by the club riff raff....(heaven forbid!)
Old May 27, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Ah that is what I thought...you would want it near the entrance so they can be ushered away without having to parade through the club where they can be seen by the club riff raff....(heaven forbid!)
You mean, away from the sort of people who drink Gordon's?
Old May 27, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Cameron was not not in a VIP room, she was sitting in one of the high red chairs in an open close to the entrance. When she left, there was a flight at the same time boarding for LA, but I guess she went to Monaco.
Old May 27, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Gorgeous day and amazing view Skydeck! My favorite place. What an incredible afternoon to relax and have a cocktail or four!
Old May 27, 2013, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It reminds me of a W Hotel....wait, DL has this tie in for Crossover Rewards with SPG as well as Westin bedding in BE. Maybe there will be special W cocktails next.
Old May 28, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
Gorgeous day and amazing view Skydeck! My favorite place. What an incredible afternoon to relax and have a cocktail or four!
I was there yesterday afternoon too. Loved the SkyDeck.

Showers at the new SkyClub were pretty good too. Six decent-sized rooms with a commode and a seat for packing/unpacking. My only nit was that the water pressure, particularly in the sink, was pretty weak and the water never got more than warm, nowhere near hot. But that's a pretty minor complaint. The new Club is very spacious, world apart from the dumps in T3.
Old May 28, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
After being at this club on opening day, it was nice to stop in at 6am this morning after returning from the SFO-JFK redeye. Nice and calm. Beautiful sunrise on the Sky deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.